Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcelhikb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2006, 06:24 PM
    Fan Remote won't fit in Canopy
    I just purchased a Hampton Bay 52" Mediterranean fan. It was easy to install except when it came to the remote receiver. It simply won't fit in the canopy I can't even get it to fit if none of the wiring is connected. I could live without the remote except there aren't any chains to turn on/off the fan. I wired both the blue/black fan wires to the black (hot) AC and both the light and fan turn on (fan at HIGH). I ended up just capping the fan motor wire and allowing the light only to turn on. Is there something I'm missing? I can't believe this thing doesn't fit. Anyone know if there is a different (smaller) remote receiver I can get?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2006, 11:12 PM
    It fits, there's a trick to getting it in. I don't remember exactly, there is a thread somewhere on this forum that explains it. Either the receiver fits inside a gap in the bracket, or the brack fits in a gap in the receiver. Something like that. If you can't find the thread I'll look for it.
    mcelhikb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2006, 07:28 AM
    OK thanks. I did perform some searches here and on Google and came up empty. But I'll keep looking, thanks, and let me know if you find it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay fan removal - can't remove the canopy ring [ 2 Answers ]

I see lots of questions about removing the canopy ring. Most say to turn the ring counterclockwise to remove. When I do that, it only loosens slightly, but won't remove. I've tried twisting, pushing up/down, still it only loosens slightly. Any suggestions?

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Someone was asking about a larger replacement canopy for their ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

Because the remote receiver wouldn't fit inside their fan's canopy? I told them that most canopies are the same size including the replacements, which is true. However I just spotted this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6038590223 Which is a receiver that mounts OUTSIDE...

Hampton bay ceiling fan canopy [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a ceiling fan in one of my bedrooms. The problem is I am trying to replace a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and I cannot get the canopy down. There are no exposed screws on the canopy. There is a decorative ring around the top of the canopy that doesn't seem to be attached to the...

View more questions Search