Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dmal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 02:40 PM
    Error 1311: source file not found C:\downloads\Office1.cab.
    When I try open word or any office file I get the following messages
    'preparing to install'...
    'configuring Microsoft office xp professional with frontpage'...
    And then
    'error 1311: source file not found C:\downloads\Office1.cab verify the file exists and that you can access it'

Word opens but it's a pain seeing this every time. Its only recently happened - don't think it is a virus as nothing comes on McAfee and there previously problems with a missing proplus.msi file.

Any help would be appreciated.

DMal
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 25, 2009, 06:07 PM

Take a look here:

"Error 1311: cannot locate source file" error message when you install a 2007 Office suite or Office 2003
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 25, 2009, 06:16 PM

You can also try inserting your Office CD and running the Repair option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installation error 1311: sku112.cab [ 4 Answers ]

I recently purchased the Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007 Suite. I'm trying to load the software to my computer but keep getting an error 1311: sku112.cab file not found. Please help me resolve this problem. Thanks a bunch. :o

Biosinfo.inf file not found, error code 4100 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've got an old extra pc which I'm trying to test a copy of xp on, I've got win xp boot disk(s) and win xp cd. It gets to inspecting computers hardware configuration and then stops and displays the error code. Any suggetions would be great, Thanks

Network path not found: error [ 1 Answers ]

I have networked two systems (winxp-sp2) through Switch ping is replying as the gateway. But I cannot able to share the both... even there is nothing in workgroup window. Both is in the same workgroup-mshome. Kindly help

Error: network path was not found [ 4 Answers ]

I have a computer running Windows Server 2003 which I would like to be able to open a computer with shared folders on the network, however when I try to open it I get the error "network path was not found" I am able to explore to the computer I want and I can open other computers within the same...

Email downloads into deleted file [ 4 Answers ]

Some email messages download directly into deleted file, bypasing the inbox.

View more questions Search