Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blennon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 02:03 AM
    2 zone oil heat, 2nd zone runs 1st zone

Hi,

We have a 2 zone oil burner. The 1st zone (upstairs) runs separately and works no problem. The 2nd zone(basment), when we try to run 2nd zone separately , it seems to run zone 1(upstairs) and the baseboard heating upstairs gets hot and heats zone 1 even thought we have the t-stat set low (60) the temp. goes up to (75).

Is it possible that a lever or a faucet key got moved into the wrong position? We recently had the burner cleaned and noticed that is when we started having problems. We called the company that cleaned the burner and he got very nasty and said that there is no way he did anything wrong.We expained that we weren't accusing we just want it looked at. He wants $100 just to come back, (we paid him approx $175 for the cleaning/vaccumm) and we just don't think we can trust him.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give us.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 13, 2008, 05:15 AM
    One of the zone valves might be defective. You will need to have it checked by a professional since we cannot see what you have exactly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Zone not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have an issue with a gas furnace. I have a megastore hot water heater that was replaced this weekend by myself Prior to replacing the tank I used all shutoff leading to and from furnace. When I return to building on Monday one of the zones was not operating. Finally called a professional. He...

Loud rattling throughout house when heat turns on for one zone only [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Weil McLean Gold Oil Burner (hot water heat) that was installed about 4 years ago. At that same time I had an addition put on our house so we now have 4 zones. Whenever the main zone kicks on, there is a loud rattling/vibration noise throughout the house (essentially where ever there are...

Trouble w/ 2 zone heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 zone heat in my new home. I added the 2nd zone in threw a professional plumber. My question is it seems like it's only working 1 zone at a time? I've been waking up to 58 degrees on zone 1, can you help?

Two zone system? [ 3 Answers ]

I am intending on replacing my 50+ years old gravity furnace. This may appear straightforward, however I have an in-law apartment in the basement that I rent which needs upgrading. Currently I have a gas wall heater there, but according to current San Francisco codes, I cannot just replace it with...

Wiring a 2nd zone [ 1 Answers ]

Central a/c is all set up on my finished basement as a 2nd zone. In the upstairs hall closet, I can see a large round pipe running down from the attic to the basement. Ceiling ductwork and vents in the basement are all connected to it. There is a programmable thermostat in the basement as well. The...

View more questions Search