Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kaykat16 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2016, 01:29 PM
    I'm terrified I could have PCOS
    I'm only less then a week from my 17th birthday but I'm terrified I could have PCOS. My periods have always been irregular since I can remember. I started my period when I was 9. I remember when I was in the 7th grade I missed a week of school because my crams were so bad all I could do was lay there as I felt like I was dying. One minute trembling cold an another burning up. I have a brown ring that goes around my neck but that could be due to boarder line diabetes. But its like dirt because I scrub it and it comes off feeling like pasty grey grub. I get a period every month I've never missed a period but they are never within the same time frame they should be. They last sometimes for 9 days but my last period was only four days. I'm sorry if I've over shared I just don't know what information I need to all give. I don't have abdominal hair or hair on my belly or around my nipples. I do have acne but no more then any other teenage girl. I do have an oily face but I feel like its in the normal because I'm mixed. I'm over weight. I do have some facial hair like my side burns always bug me but they might be slightly worse then otheres because I've messed with them since I was ten. I have light upper lip hairs but no more then my grandma an she has four kids. I go to the doctor in February. But that's too long an need an opinion now please!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 19, 2016, 04:01 PM
    You sound normal to me.

Sadly, based on what you're written, there's no way to even guess. All the things you suggest are in normal range for a girl your age, and even for older women.

I'm afraid that you're going to have to wait for your doctors appointment to get actual answers. Finding an answer to this online, is not possible.

Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2016, 08:17 PM
    I agree see what the doctor says, but unlike what you may read, many, many women do not have regular periods, so off by a few days each month, different lengths, some light, some heavy, may be more "nomal" than what you think of as normal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Terrified by the things I've done [ 8 Answers ]

Hey guys... I'm a 18 year old teeneger in high school,I'm pregnant and my stomach is starting to get big ,so the baby daddy is too young and we broke up way back after I found out that I'm pregnant,appereantly his the "Player" we hardly talk ,even when we are talking he shows me pictures of his...

Help!! 21 and terrified!! [ 0 Answers ]

I have been on alesse birth control for about 4 months now. I take my pills every single day and I have never missed a day. 6 days ago, me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. Today, I am 3 days into my placebo pills and it is almost the end of the day and I haven't gotten a period yet. Every...

Terrified of pregnancy [ 0 Answers ]

I am terrified of getting pregnant. I begin to shake, I panic, my stomach turns, I just want to cry when I think about it. The whole idea of carrying the child, and childbirth is terrifiyng. I get mad at people who ask me and my husband when we are going to have a baby. I don't understand why a...

View more questions Search