Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    addy Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Nov 25, 2006, 06:17 PM
    Push?!
    I was wondering what crybabypirate meant when she said to push when I go up about my roundoffs.Was she talking about my hands or my feet?? Remember, there is no stupid question.!

addy
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 25, 2006, 06:55 PM
    Hi Addy,
    You would want to push off a bit (spring) with your hands in order to maintain enough momentum, and get enough height and arc to land back on your feet. Here is a link that might help you a bit:

http://www.usa-gymnastics.org/public...ng-corner.html

Take care. :)

Nov 25, 2006, 07:14 PM
    Thanks,I'll check it out

Nov 25, 2006, 07:15 PM
    You're welcome. :)

Nov 26, 2006, 12:27 PM
    I looked at that web site and I think it helped a lot.I was also wondering if you had any recommendations about how to prepare for a backhandspring and how to transition from a roundoff into a backhandspring.Stretches, workouts and tips, I'll take em' all!!

Nov 26, 2006, 02:16 PM
    Hi Addy,
    I'm glad the website helped. As to back handsprings, those are a fairly advanced technique, probably best learned under an instructor. You would at least want someone to aid or spot you initially to avoid injury. Nevertheless, here is a pretty good link explaining back handsprings:

http://cheerleading.about.com/od/gym...ackhandspr.htm

I'm sorry I can't be of too much more help. My relatively limited experience with tumbling is through martial arts, and suffice to say, I was never guite great at most such techniques. :)
    I hope you are able to join a gymnastics class soon in order to further pursue your interest. Take care. :)

Nov 28, 2006, 07:58 PM
    Thanks you.But after thinking hard about this,I've decided not to joinbcuz I just foundout I have scoliosis at my school screening and the stain hurts my back, but that is probably why I was having so much trouble.But when I think about it ,I only wanted to be come a cheerleader because everyone lovesthem.But I have decided to try out for something that no gymnastics required... say hello to the future dogie mascot!!
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Nov 28, 2006, 08:29 PM
    I am sorry to hear about your scoliosis.

I once lost a very talented gymnast from my team because of scoliosis.

I am sure that your school will be losing a very talented cheerleader as well.

Oh, and by the way, I am positive that people will love you regardless of your extracurricular activity choices.

Good luck to you!

Nov 28, 2006, 08:53 PM
    Hi Addy,
    You're welcome. :)
    cheerchic24 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Push off a lot with your hands and ALSO with your feet
    Hope this helped:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray push lawnmower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Murray push lawnmower that I want to know the year of manufacture. Model 21673X92A Date Mfg 1283 It has a Tecumseh engine TVXL115 56025A Many thanks.

Shower push-in connector problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to install a new electric shower unit, it has a type of connector to the mains water called a 'push-in' connector. No matter what I try this seems to leak. The instructions just skip over it, and don't give any more instruction than how to disconnect it. I can see how it's...

Push Mower Trouble [ 3 Answers ]

I tried to start my mower today and after a couple of pulls on the rope it locked up. I can not pull the rope nor can I turn the blade. Can someone help? Thanks

Push button flush toilet [ 1 Answers ]

How do you get the toilet tank off in these push button type tanks??

Gravity: A push or a pull? [ 1 Answers ]

Is gravity bent space-time which causes mass to "slide down hill" or is it a push force or pressure that is everywhere the universe that is shielded by mass? What experiments do or would show which model is correct?

View more questions Search