Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farooque52 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2006, 02:02 PM
    Aim of life
    I want to know what is the possible aim of life of humans on earth.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2006, 08:40 PM
    This may sound like a wise crack answer, but I am being serious.
    It is to do what it takes to get to the next life which is eternal.
    The instruction manual for that is called The Holy Bible.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2006, 09:03 PM
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2006, 09:03 PM
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Mar 3, 2006, 01:26 PM
    You got that right brother arcura!

Now I want to add for farooque's sake, since it takes a little time to learn Biblical truths, some recommended reading:

The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. It's well organized and it gives one insight regarding... What on earth am I here for?

There are more passionate books out there, especially the Bible, But I think this will help. It sold over 10 million copies and it says on the cover... The #1 N.Y. Times Bestseller.
    Cheers!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2006, 03:17 PM
    HI,
    Since you posted your question in the Religion category, I will answer by saying I am a Christian.
    The aim of life of a Christian is to talk with others, and try having them become Christians also. The ultimate aim in life is for love of Jesus Christ.
    I do wish you the best.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2006, 03:37 PM
    I think, generally speaking, it's highly individual. If a person has a strong faith in God or spirituality, then as others have said, their aim in life is to serve that God to whatever end their particular religion teaches.

However, there are also many people who don't have a strong belief in God. If these people are very conscious of the suffering of others in the world, then maybe they would consider themselves secular humanists, and so their aim in life would be to make the world a better place. For example, you see many celebrities fighting for women's rights and poverty rights throughout the world. They're not relgious people necessarily, but they have a "cause". If they were only concerned about themselves, then they might be called hedonists, and their aim in life would be to do whatever they wanted, regardless of the feelings of comforts of others.

Personally, I'm undecided about religion at this point, and still searching. And since I'm pregnant, my aim in life at this point is to be a good mother to my baby. I had a rotten childhood myself, so this is really important to me. Religion comes second for now at least.
    Irulan Posts: 92, Reputation: 17

Mar 9, 2006, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by farooque52
    I want to know what is the possible aim of life of humans on earth.
    Do you mean ‘aim’ as in purpose, reason, aspirations, the point of, the plan, etc.?

Your question has no specific answer; it will have not one answer but many depending on who answers your question. Personal conditions as well as religious preferences will determine the different responses….which will be influenced by their own aims in life…not yours, so the answers, might not be as clearly explicit as you expected.

Each person has their own aims, purpose, and motivation in life. All aims and purposes are as valid and valuable as the next one. One or a hundred answers will not give you the exact response that you are seeking, that is if you are searching for answers to your own aim and purpose in life. If you ARE searching for your own aim or purpose, then this is an inquiry that only you can answer.

I cannot tell you what your aim in life is but I can tell you mine and that is to live life as an honest person with gentleness and compassion for those who need it; love and appreciate those who surround me; help whoever I can with whatever I can; share experiences which might lend a hand to someone in need, and above all not to take myself so seriously that I cannot laugh at my mistakes and learn from them. Finally age as gracefully as possible and enjoy the beauty of all that surrounds me before my page is closed.

Life is brief, a quick turn of a page in time; live it as best as you can, love as much and as hard as you can, share that love and appreciates all that surrounds you.

Religion and spiritual fulfillment is for you to find in whatever manner satisfies your aim and purpose in life.
    tjr Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2006, 03:40 PM
    Man's aim in life is to 1-reproduce 2-Explore 3-Expand our knowedge

Of ourselves and our environment 4-not to be led astray by the feeble minded
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2006, 07:19 PM
    I believe...
    Mankind's and womankinds' main aim in life rests on and in the basics.
    1. Survival
    2. Survival of the species
    3. Food
    4. Shelter
    5. To serve and be served in regard to the first 4 basics.
    All the other needs, wants, and aspirations are a part of the 5.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 9, 2006, 08:02 PM
    I will disagree with the Purpose Drive Life (or Church) book and series.

They are not really that good for finding salvation and the Lord. They author had to use several versions to find the wording he wanted and many other issues. There are several Chrsitian authors who have written books against his teachings.

His book is banned from our church group because we believe it pushes personal desire looking to find scripture to validate what you want to do, not merely doing what God has already told you to do in the Bible.

And we are not alone many churches would not touch that book any longer.
    njab1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2006, 02:50 AM
    Hi,
    As this is a spiritual question I think it's fair to only answer from the bible's point of view.
    God created us with a purpose which certainly makes sense. Why would you create something for no reason?
    The Bible account of man’s creation says: “God went on to say: ‘Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness.’” (Genesis 1:26) Thus, humans were originally made with the potential for being like God, possessing the outstanding qualities he has, including wisdom, power, righteousness, and love. Is it surprising, then, that some find it fulfilling to seek new knowledge or to engage in activities that challenge their mental or physical powers? And is it unexpected that helping others provides a satisfying purpose in the lives of many? Not at all. This is, in part, what we were created to do.
    We learn something else from the early Bible record, and that is that it was not God’s purpose for people to die. Our first parents died only because they disobeyed God. (Genesis 2:16,*17) When they disobeyed, they were no longer fulfilling the purpose of life—they were no longer doing God’s will. So not only did they die but all their offspring have also been subjected to death because of inheriting imperfection from them. (Romans 5:12) Humans were, however, originally intended to live forever, not to die. This is likely why many find it frustrating to contemplate the cutting short of their life’s work by death.
    God’s original purpose for humankind and this earth has not changed. He still intends to have a paradise earth peopled by a perfect human race. Yet, he has had to make arrangements to overcome the sad effects of the failure of our first parents. Doing God’s will today involves acting in harmony with all these arrangements of God. Happily, the Bible provides a description of the progressive fulfillment of his purpose.
    Getting to know God makes us want to do his will. Perhaps we have prayed as Jesus instructed: “Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.” (Matthew 6:10) The real purpose of life—the one that brings true satisfaction—is living our lives in harmony with that will of God.
    I hope that helps!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2006, 05:38 AM
    Hi,
    I do agree with the answer before this one; about living our lives according to the Will of God.
    Any other purpose for life is secondary.
    Best wishes.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2006, 01:09 PM
    I agree with Bishop Chuck and add that the purpose of aim in life now is what Jesus instrucrted us with word and example.
    Jesus came to serve and did so.
    We should do so.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    requiem_j Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2008, 01:52 AM
    Life is a journey.
    We are in this world for a purpose.
    And the purpose is to explore this world.
    Most interesting people in this world explored everything and stopped when they were tired.
    So realize that you need explore the world and when you are tired.

Stop bullting about life and start reacting.
    illion Posts: 11, Reputation: 7

Dec 20, 2008, 07:38 AM
    The aim of humans' lives is to live ;)

It is as simple as that, and still so complicated. I think that I have to agree with those who said that you will get many different answers since every one of us on this earth play a unique role in the big game.

If I should try to make a general statement for all of us, I think it should be:
    To make this world a better place.

And to be able to do so, we have to experience certain things throughout our personal journeys. I have an image of what my role is, and I am trying to follow the right path every day. It is not always about the big things in my life, but very often, almost always, about the everyday tasks.

How do you know you are on the right path? You can feel it in your heart. What your heart tells you is never a lie, it is the Great Spirit's language. So, listen to your heart, and you will be fine.

Illion
    Intuitive Counsellor
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    it pushes personal desire looking to find scripture to validate what you want to do, not merely doing what God has already told you to do in the Bible.

And we are not alone many churches would not touch that book any longer.
    That is pretty much what many of the televangelists preaching is like any more.
    They preach the fuzzy, warm, feel good self help teachings that 2 Timothy warns about...
    Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2008, 11:14 AM

The aim in life for a person is to be happy. :)
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Dec 20, 2008, 11:49 AM

The aim in life is to love. That is what makes us different to a large degree from all other forms of life on this planet.

While I am not a religious person, the first two great commandments of Jesus are to "Love thy God" and the second is not unlike the first (which means in intensity) "Love thy nieghbour as thy would love thyself". If there is anything about the bible and Jesus which I agree with, it is those commandments. Loving God teaches how to love perfectly; then to love thy neighbour as we would love ourselves teaches us to apply that perfect love towards others; and to ourselves.

Religion aside, love which comes in many forms has allowed humans to flourish, to cooperate, to advance our shared needs, to help those who are in need, to enjoy our familys, to give our lives purpose and meaning.

Love my friends is the aim in life, we can always love more and I would suggest by the end of our days for those of us lucky enough to have a long life it is our desire to look across the path of our life with love.
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2008, 09:29 PM
    I agree very much with Texas Parent
    Peace and Kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How is this life? [ 10 Answers ]

Every day is the same. I feel like I am trapped in a corner. This world is pushing me into a dark corner. Pushing me into somewere I don't want to be. Pushing me into something I do not want to do. School, Parents, Friends, Loved ones, Working, money, drugs, alcohol, and the future. All of these...

DSS in my life [ 3 Answers ]

I had my son taken away from me and my husband because we relapes on drugs and my in-law went to court to get custody and the judge said none of you are good enough for him (mind you during this time we had already started getting help again after being clean for three years) my son is 2 he changed...

Aah the life... [ 2 Answers ]

Staying at Deer Creek State Park, out in the middle of nowhere (I thought)... doing some computer work while the kids are traipsing around outside looking for bugs, spiders and snakes... and lo and behold I get a message "there is a wireless network in range"!! An amazing world we live in, aye?

My life [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a lot of dreams in my life and I finally want to move forward and make something of my life.Do you see me making any of my dreams reality and will my life turn out OK or end up worse. Thanks in advance

Now all I think about is a life with her [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, this is my first post.

View more questions Search