Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimmy58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2017, 01:03 PM
    Am I ever going to find work in Illinois ?
    I've been looking for employment for months.Every where I try to apply I'm getting the door slammed in my face. I've even went to Jobs for Felons website and even there I can find no healthcare employers. Please. Help if you can
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 3, 2017, 02:33 PM
    Why are you looking for a job in healthcare? Most Illinois healthcare organizations won't take applications from someone who has committed a felony. What are your healthcare credentials? Do you have other skills for a different industry or field?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2017, 06:33 PM
    I will agree, don't do any healthcare jobs, if you have a felony. But if you need a job, then get a job, any job. There are jobs everywhere in Illinois, My son, 16, with no job experience had 3 offers in one day.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 3, 2017, 06:58 PM
    I think you will have to find a job in a different line of work.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 12, 2017, 08:05 PM
    Just the way I read the OP's post, he/she isn't a felon, but can't even find a job on a website for felons, that's how bad it is right now. Just my take on the post.

Perhaps it's time to move?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 12, 2017, 09:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Just the way I read the OP's post, he/she isn't a felon, but can't even find a job on a website for felons, that's how bad it is right now. Just my take on the post.

Perhaps it's time to move?
    No, it's not bad for jobs in Illinois, especially for jobs in the healthcare field. There are thousands of hospitals, assisted-living facilities, rehab centers, and nursing homes in the northern part of the state. Where is she looking? -- which is a rhetorical question because she never returned to this thread.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2017, 04:43 AM
    Lot of people decide they are "above" doing certain types of work and won't even look at them or consider them... ergo, they have blinders on. When you have no job.. any job is better than no job... take what you CAN get now ( I find it hard to believe there are NO jobs at all to be found) maybe just not the career jobs you want right now, its the first step towards getting back into what you want.

So what.,. get that job at the restaurant.. its an income, but keep looking after you get it.. eventually you will find something better.

Since I was in college I've been a waiter, dishwasher, Driver, Handyman/gardener, Computer repair person, Mechanic, and that was outside my line of work I have an Engineering Degree in (some before I graduated, the rest when I was between jobs). I've lived in three states and two countries chasing better and better jobs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a convicted felon work in the medical field in Illinois [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get a license in Illinois for x-ray tech being a convicted felon?

Live in Ny work in Illinois [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I live in New York with my parents, I'm 17 and this next summer (2013) I'm planning on going to illinios to help my gpa. Is it possible for me to get a job even if I live out of state? After the summer I'm going to Wisconsin for college. Thanks

Trying to find work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 24 year old Felony and I recently gotmy CDL A license,can anyone tell me any trucking company's that might hire me? My driving record is clean for the last 8 years, My e mail is >Removed<

Illinois Work Permit [ 7 Answers ]

My son has a work permit and is only afew months away from being completely reinstated. His license was suspended for receiving 2 tickets before the age of 21 and not for DUI. This morning he was in a rear end collision and he got the ticket. It took us years to get him to this point and he is...

Can't Find Work [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone suggest what companyies that will hire, I havemy CDL's and a good driving record,but a misderminor

View more questions Search