Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mfischman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Excel Formula Nominal and APY
    I have a rounding issue in Excel. If I enter a APY Rate, for example 3.75 and then calculate the nominal, I get a long decimal of 3.68705 . I need to find a way to cut the decimanl to 2 places, and then still be able to use a formula to get back ot the same 3.75 APY. The problem is if I use the Fix or Round formula, I get a rounded Nominal and then a new APY of 3.76

Please help. Thanks
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Oct 30, 2007, 09:00 PM
    You format the cell to 2 decimal places with the format dialog box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Display formula in Excel [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Can you please show me how to display all formulas in a spreadsheet? I already calculated the data using formulas in a spreadsheet, now I just want display the formulas. Are there any keyword shortcuts. Many thanks.

Excel Formula [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have come across another problem with my spreadsheet. I have tried quite a few different ways to do it but can't get any of them to work. Within my spreadsheet I have a quote price and a forcasted date. However when a order is definitely received then a sale price and a new date is put into...

Excel formula IF function [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I am creaing a spreadsheet for work. Basically I have a column that shows all the project names, it shows a date and a price for the project. I need this price to then be automatically placed into the appropriate monthly column. I.e if the project is 20,000 and happened on the 21st of jan...

Excel formula [ 3 Answers ]

I have a column that you manually enter a number; either 0 (zero) or any number greater than zero. I have another column with the formula of: =DAYS360(AN22,AQ22) If the resulting formula figure/number is greater than the manually entered number then I want a third column to equal: $0.00 But...

Excel Formula needed [ 1 Answers ]

I am keeping an inventory in Excel. Let's say I start with 100 units of widgets, I take 20 widgets from the shelf, but return 10 wdgets later because I didn't use them. I need a formula that shows the 100, then I want to show that I took 20, and then have Excel show that I returned 10. Can...

View more questions Search