Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 11:37 AM
    Dim lit laptop screen
    Ok, so today I turned on the computer and the screen was/is very dim. I don't know what's going on or how to fix it. If it helps I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Vostro 1000.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Oct 23, 2009, 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    Ok, so today I turned on the computer and the screen was/is very dim. I don't know what's going on or how to fix it. If it helps I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Vostro 1000.
    See adjusting display brightness. If not that or any similar software controls that may be installed on the laptop, there may be a problem with the display panel's backlight or the panel's power supply requiring repair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop screen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if I can remove a screen from a laptop. The Screen doesn't work but I'm using another monitor that is plugged into the back of my laptop. So can I remove the screen and keep it running ? Thanks Ron

Laptop screen. [ 9 Answers ]

Can I use my laptop screen as a second monitor for my desktop?

Laptop screen on my TV screen? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there I have a laptop that has an HDMI connection, my LCD TV also has an HDMI connection. If I connect the 2 together can I use my TV as my screen?

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

View more questions Search