Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vlc21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2006, 07:47 AM
    Negative test but late...
    Hello everyone,

My husband and have been trying to conceive since may/june 2006, before that I had a miscarriage in April.. My last period was aug 7th and I am a very regular 29 days. Now I am 2- 3 days late . I took a hpt yesterday evening and the results were negative.. In the past month I have started walking /jogging about 2 miles every morning and evening, could this cause it to be delayed or could I possibly be pregnant? Thanks for your help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 8, 2006, 11:55 AM
    It is very likely that the fact that you began running 4 miles a day that your period is going to be delayed for a short time.

Also, remember that it takes a couple who are "trying" to conceive up to 6 months to a year before they get the good news. Now, this is not so for everyone it is only an average.
    vlc21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2006, 02:06 PM
    Well thank you, I wasn't sure if walking / jogging could affect my period, but I thought maybe it might have something to do with it, I have had cramping for the past week and been bloated too like I was going to start but never did... maybe I will find out something soon... this is sooo frustrating!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 8, 2006, 02:24 PM
    Sometimes when I get mine, I have the bloating and cramping a few days to a week before the period rather than while I am on my period.

It is very common for women runners to experience amenorrhea which is a lack of a period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it too late? [ 8 Answers ]

The short story is I met my ex, Chris, at the beginning of college and we dated causually for 5 months before I broke up with him. Even though we weren't together we continued to see each other and started to get along even better than before. Chris asked me back on the following summer and we...

What's the diff between diaelectric test and insulation test [ 1 Answers ]

I am puzzled, What exactly is the difference between diaelectric test and insulation test. Some says it the same, but others says it's because one applied power to perform the test the latter don't. And some says both are using power but one is using AC power and the other using Dc power. There...

Late but - test [ 1 Answers ]

I always have a 31 day cycle. My hubbie and I have been Trying to conceive for 2months. I am only one day late but last time I was one day late I got a very very faint positive pink line. I am wondering if I don't get my P by next week and then test again if its negative. Can that be because I have...

View more questions Search