Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chisamoj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 12:03 PM
    Ammending my Sons birth certificate
    I live in California and am try ing to amend my sons birth certificate to add the fathers name. A paternity test was done through the court and a paternity acknowledgement form was signed in court however a declaration of paterinty was never signed and now the father refuses to sign it (de doesn't want his name on the birth certificate) I did some research and found that I am able to take him to court to get him to do so however I don't know who to start this process. Am wanting to do it without an attorney if possible due to costs. I have been to the family law facilitators office at the court house and they gave me a packet full of information to get this done however it states I need to prove adjudication of parentage (via court) still no information on how to do so any help would be great
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 8, 2008, 12:32 PM
    The paternity test and acknowledgement are your adjudication.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Birth certificate ? [ 2 Answers ]

How Does A Biological Father Add His Name To A Birth Certificate That He Is Not Already On

Birth Certificate [ 4 Answers ]

After the babies & I took the DNA test to prove that "He" is the father, he refused to sign the birth certificate. Is there a law that will make him sign the birth certificate? Thx for your help!

Birth Certificate [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé just left for Iraq this week. We are expecting a baby in November. Since we aren't married how can he be put on the baby's birth certificate?

Birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

As an adult is there any way to get your parents names off your birth certificate? Can that area of the birth certificate be blank?

Birth Certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I just received an updated copy of my husband's birth certificate, he will be retiring soon and needs to show proof of his birth date. On the certificate it shows his mother as being the lady who adopted him when he was in his 40's. (for legal purposes, estate and other) Is this done as a...

View more questions Search