Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CAROLJESTERKIL Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Mar 18, 2010, 08:04 PM
    Can I lose my children if I date a sex offender.
    I'm currently dating a sexual offender can I lose my children over this relationship Please help.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 08:07 PM

You could lose them because he would have easy access to children, your children -- and their friends. And you would be an accessory.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 18, 2010, 09:26 PM

If he is a registered sexual offender, his freedom may be restricted, and he could be prohibited from being around children of a certain age. Call his Probation Officer- I would.

If he is restricted in any way from contact with children, then you need to make sure your children are safe from him, and that means absolutely no contact. Should you date him, and the CPS finds out, your children are indeed in danger, and they will be at your doorstep.

There are regristries and laws to protect people from sexual predators, and they are there for a purpose.

I really don't know what would possess you to have a sex offender anywhere near your children in the first place.
    ouchh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2011, 08:46 PM
    Am I able to date him as long as he is not around the kids
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2011, 09:07 PM
    WHY is he a sex offender? Was it a child crime?
    Because sometimes, men are charged and labeled sex offenders because they were 18/19 year old seniors, and their girlfriend happens to be a 15 year old freshman or sophomore.

You need to know if he is prohibited from being around childrne. If he is, then yes the children could be taken from you. If he is not, then it MIGHT be OK. (im NOT a lawyer so I'm not positive)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sex offender [ 5 Answers ]

My friend is a sex offender and he has a 10 year old son can he live with his son if he is considered a sex offender?

Sex offender [ 1 Answers ]

If you are a reg. sex offender for inticing a chold for indecient purposes can you be around children or computers in the state of Georgia?

Sex offender [ 12 Answers ]

I am in a very complicated situation; the father of my child is a registered sex offender and has served 10 yrs. He barely knew my son before his incarceration and now that he is back he wats to see my son. My son is now 13 yrs old and is not interested in seeing his father. His father persisted...

Sex offender [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ohio... My daughter is 18 and she met this guy who is 32 and it turns out he is a sexual offender... Is there an age limit or something I can do about it?? I heard that she has to be 21 is that only if he is on probation??

Right of a sex offender and our children? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is in prision And I feel our children should not be put into the situation of traveling 3 hours to see there father. To top it off he is in there for a criminal sex act of a child. He is threating me that if I don't bring the kids to see him he will be taking the kids away from me. How...

View more questions Search