Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NikonRules Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 08:14 PM
    DSC 1550 Home Alarm
    Today I decided to get the house alarm working in a house. I bought a new battery and it will run the DSC 1550 just fine. The problem is that without the battery the DSC 1550 will not turn on. I went to the local Alarm company and picked up a new tranformer for the 1550 but it still will not turn on the lights to the key pad. Also, I looked EVERYWHERE on the motherboard and could not find a fuse. I was told there might be some tiny fuses in the upper left of the mother board but I do not see one. Another tech told me that some DSC 1550 do not have fuses.

I am stumped. Could something be blown out on the mother board that is not letting power pass through from the new transformer to the alarm? Wires are in good shape.

I am not techy enough to meter anything on the board but any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2010, 04:16 PM

Check for correct AC voltage at AC terminals.
    Marty70 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 06:51 PM
    Hello,
    Call me crazy but have you checked your circuit breakers or fuses to your house to make sure the outlet is live? If not, just plug in a lamp or Radio to the outlet the Alarm transformer is plugged into.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Programming DSC PC1832 alarm [ 3 Answers ]

HI... How do I change the delay time on a DSC PC1832 STAY-ARM key to 30 seconds delay. Thanks

Dsc alarm 1832 connection to control 4 home automation4 [ 2 Answers ]

What do I need to connect a DSC 1832 control panel to Control home automation system?

Recommended A/C Compressor for a 1525-1550 sf Home? [ 3 Answers ]

On June 30th, I had my compressor cleaned and had the A/C technician check-up, to see why my house that will be 4 yrs old in Nov. (I would have been in the house for a year in March), did not seem as if it was cooling with the thermostat set on 75 degrees. The technician did a leak check and did...

DSC alarm [ 2 Answers ]

I have a DSC 832 alarm system. My phone lines were struck by lightening and caused my alarm keypad to start beeping. I unpluged the battery & electric. When phone lines were repaired I replaced the battery with a new one and plugged the electric back in. They both work. The keypad showed a trouble...

Dsc alarm pc5010 I stopped monitoring, can I still use alarm? I keep getting a troubl [ 1 Answers ]

I stopped having my dsc alarm PC5010 monitored. Can I use the audible only? I keep getting a trouble, clock problem and it won't let me set it.

View more questions Search