Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sglen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2006, 07:36 PM
    Pregnancy Question
    Hi,
    I have been told recently that bloodtype has to do with falling pregnant, you have to have possitiive and a negative? Is this true?

My partner and I are both negative, does that mean we can never have a baby?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
    sglen
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2006, 07:58 PM
    My wife is A -, and I am A +. So since I am positive and she is negative that could cause a problem. Could, but there is a shot during pregnancy that women with negative blood receive. That prevents any problems from occurring. As far as both you and your partner being negative as far as I know there are no problems, this is something you need to talk to your doctor about. That is why whenever a women gets pregnant there are many prenatel blood tests to have and the father might get a test to find out his blood type. Hope this helps.

Joe
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2006, 09:23 PM
    Um... I doubt it.

The only issue I know concerning +/- is when there is a - mother and + father... then there is a chance the baby will be +. I discussed this in the following thread:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=23808

So... the - mother, + father is an issue that is pretty common and can be dealt with. I've seen nothing that has mentioned problem conceiving with - and -.

When in doubt, talk to a professional. I really, really don't think this is an issue.

From what source did you hear this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy Question [ 15 Answers ]

When a lady first becomes pregnant. A month goes by. Is it normal to feel a stretching sensation on the lower left side of the abdomenom?

Another pregnancy question [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Have to ask this question cause it's been on my mind quite some time and driving me mad. I have all the symptoms now, that I had in my pregnancy 8 months ago. Now I feel I am nearing delivery. I can even feel movement in my belly (doesn't feel like gas). But I've had...

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm 29yrs old, and have some problem. I have my period at 3rd June and having unprotected sex at 11th June. Expecting pregnant but period come again on 29thjune . Never happened having period twice in a month. I am so confusing.. after that when we have sex again my vagina is bleeding . My...

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possibe to become pregnant by performing in oral sex?

View more questions Search