Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Suicidal Addiction Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2007, 10:14 PM
    I feel So empty
    My life is pretty calm and I barley have anything wrong. I am an only child and I have a very caring loveing mother that has always been there for me... I don't have a messed up life but I constantley feel as though I have nothing... no feeling what so ever.. and I'm always depressed it seems like...

What do you think could be wrong with me I need some addvice
    miss nafarious Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2007, 11:14 PM
    Your life can be perfect & you could still feel this down & this alone. It is definitely depression, whether it be genetic/chemical imbalance or a result of something that has happenend to you.
    I know how you feel because I went through the same thing, still do occasionally. You can't help it & once your'e down its hard to pull out of it. Nobody seems to understand etc...
    I saw a fab pshycologist for a year & went on to anti depressants. Both helped considerably!
    Mine is genetic, which means I will always have depressive traits. But I know how to handle it now & when to surround myself with the right people.
    So, I would suggest going to see someone professional.
    Good luck!
    Super16 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Truthfuly I don't think any thing is wrong. I just think you need the time to think to yourself. And don't listen to any body else about yourself when they don't know what's going on.
    Burd Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Jan 24, 2007, 01:06 PM
    Hi,

Have you recently had a falling out, relationship or friends.

In my view you feel you havint accomplished anything with your life to date this is why feel empty, I think you should start an enjoyable hobbie, or a new job.

But first I want you to write down the 10 things you most wanted to do in your life or even this year, let you imagination guide you, make it a challenge and make it adventureous,

You soon find out that there so much in life you never saw. It's a big world and I know you mother encourages you to challenge that world ever day.

Let me know what you think?

Jan 24, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Thanks I think I will do all of what you guys suggested but I was wondering do you think it could be the music I listen to lol I listen to some hard core stuff that really depressing do you think that just makes it work
    Burd Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Jan 24, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Music does effect ppls emotions in many wants good and bad.

Don't let feelings and emotions have control over your head... reverse it!

Let your thoughts control your emotions and feelings.

Do you agree?
    bumblebeee Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Comment on Super16's post
    True
    bumblebeee Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Comment on miss nafarious's post
    Nice
    RazorBlade Kiss Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Your going through depresson.. see that's the ssame with me.im a only child I have a good mom but my life has many problems and I'm always depressed tell your mom or dad and get help

Jan 30, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBlade Kiss
    your going through depresson .. see that's the ssame with me.im a only child i have a good mom but my life has many probelms and im always depressed tell your mom or dad and get help
    I'm afraid to tell my parents because I'm afraid of how they will react I tryied telling them that somthiing inside of me is dead and my mom was like I don't know why u would be depressed you have everything you ever wanted
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2007, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Addiction
    im affraid to tell my parents becuase im affraid of how they will react i tryied telling them that somthiing inside of me is dead and my mom was like i dont know y u would be depressed u have everything u ever wanted
    This is an ongoing problems with so many parents, other relatives and friends. They rationalize it away don't understand it so they make some excuse. If you had a broken arm they wouldn't think twice about seeking medical help. But if you have a chemical imbalance in your brain they try to answer it away. I'm not saying you do by the way, I'm just saying that I understand where your coming from but the line of reasoning used by parents and guardians is so backwards sometimes.

Now on a totally different topic. How's your diet. Eating healthy, natural foods with plenty of water can totally change your mood. If you completely change at once you can even feel a "detox" take place in your body for about 4 or 5 days. If you eating junk food (and chicken from McDonald's is still junk food) then I'd recommend changing your diet. That may be all you need. Remember the human body wasn't designed for the food we eat in 2007, so feed it the food it was designed to eat.

Feb 6, 2007, 12:39 PM
    I am over weight and I have been trying to eat only one main thing and a second little thing a day do you think that could be it I think another reason I am so depressed is that I have headaches or head pressure everyday of my life and it just came and never went away one day when I got sick and I constantly think there is something wrong with my head but I have had 2 cat scans and nothing showed up
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 6, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Teens are twice as likely to experience non-situational depression (without an external cause) than adults. I would try changing one thing at a time -- diet, music, how you spend your time --- but if none of it makes for a measurable sense of some relief, I would make a doctor's appointment and talk to a professional. If they determine that its depression, they can explain it to your parents and chart a course of action to take about it and perhaps those headaches too. Depression is not the result of someone being at fault. Its not about having or not having problems even. It can be a chemical imbalance that not only requires treatment but when left unchecked causes unnecessary suffering. I can't help but notice your id name here though and you'll have to make some effort to separate the seriousness of depression from any death-goth-metal persona you have cultivated if you are to be taken sincerely, okay? That could be why your parents aren't taking it so seriously, but a doctor is very unlikely to make that mistake. Feeling empty is not fun, that's for sure.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2007, 01:10 PM
    i am over weight and i have been trying to eat only one main thing and a second littel thing a day do u think that could be it
    Yeah very much so. Ideally you should be eating 5 or 6 small meals a day. It keeps your stomach full and your metabolism stable. It also be what you eat. You can't eat a big mac every 3 hours and expect to feel better. Check out Bodybuilding.com - Huge Nutrition Article Database!

Don't be fooled by the name, the site is for anyone that wants to be healthy. You don't have to be a bodybuilder. They have thousands of articles on nutrition, dieting, recipes, and overall health. I think a lot of people fear dieting but when you find out you can actually increase the number of times you eat, as long as your eating healthy that really takes some of the ease off.

i think another reason i am so depressed is that i have headaches or head pressure everyday of my life and it just came and never went away one day when i got sick and i constantly think there is something wrong with my head but i have had 2 cat scans and nothing showed up
    Well I'm not a doctor nor do I know a lot about headaches but where is the pain. When I was 18 I started getting headaches that I'd neve had before. I cold barely see and I sometimes had to just go to sleep to stop the pain. My eyes hurt all the time. I thought I needed glasses but then I tested 20/20 vision. It was suggested that I might be suffering from sinus headaches. I took some sinus medicine and 20 minutes later I was feeling better. I had just never had them before so I didn't know what they were. If the pain is around the eyes maybe you have sinus headaches. Other than that I can't offer much help on headaches.

And going back to your diet maybe it's related to that. I know when I dropped pop and just started drinking water I felt incredible.
    Northguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 03:58 AM
    Hey,like a lot of people will say to you, you are not alone. Crushing feelings of depression hit quite a few of us... I think you are on the right track though. As an disease and accedent victim body and self image can change your life. I was a competitive fighter in the mma(mixed martial arts) world until several serious injurys stopped that life for me. Improving yourself phyisicly can help. If you are meaning to change how you look/feel I highly recommend it. Takes some time though, it's not going to happen in just a few weeks. Back off the large meal, small meal thing. 5-6 small meals a day works very well. Eat when you are hungry. Eat small. High protine, low carb/fat. Speeds up your metabolisim. Really, if you work at it, training can really help. Set aside 3-4 months if you want to see real change. If you stick with it you can see dramatic changes, both in your physical well being, and in your feelings toward yourself. Honestly, you are the only person that can change how you feel. A healthy strong body certainly helps. I hope you can get better, I know it's not easy. Sometimes the only way to get right with others is begin with feelings of self worth. Try and stay strong. Know that nothing worth doing comes easy. Any walk of life can lead you into a spiral of self descructuion. Finding the will, simply the decsion to accept that pain... the effort... the time and fortitude... Thats the hard part. Best wishes... Be yourself, be strong, and know that things will set you back, but that you are a human being, that needs no help outside yourself. You are stronger than you realize.
    Orbvious Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2013, 02:10 AM
    " I don't know why you would be depressed you have everything you ever wanted"

I think this has a lot to do with it. That's what I was told as a child but never the truth. While we are all born in vastly different environments we all create or at least mostly create our destiny according to how we interact with our world. Most of our negative ways which might be genetic predispositions or learnt behaviours can be modified and overcome with effort.You have probably outgrown your parents concept of the material world and feel their must be more. You need to look beyond ideas of having everything you ever wanted and look instead to what amazing things you could do in this world with the very short life we are all allocated. If you have had a privileged life you could do nothing better than finding ways of helping others who might have had so much less than you. It is guaranteed success in curing depression. Help someone in need.

All the best, Ben :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel so empty.. What should I do? [ 5 Answers ]

So I have went through some pretty crazy relationships, but I was always being hurt, or lied too, even cheated on- and finally I thought I found the guy of my dreams. He was amazing- he brought me flowers, drove for four hours at two in the morning to come and see me, and never put me down once. In...

Small tank in loft empty [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, A radiator began leaking a few weeks ago so I switched it off and left it because I was going away. When I went away I switched the Central Heating off and now I'm back, it won't work, the central heating I mean. Won't fire up. To tell the truth last night it did work - but something is...

Small tank in loft empty [ 3 Answers ]

Is your system a two pipe or one pipe system? A two pipe system has a hot supply which feeds the radiator, and the cold goes back to the boiler. A single pipe system feeds through each radiator in a series. Turning off one radiator in such a system will defeat the whole zone. If it is a...

1 Ram slot on motherboard and it is empty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there and thanks in advance for any help you can give. I have a generic built computer. Recently in trying to upgrade it I discovered some things, this mother board has on board everything! Sound, enet, video, usb, and apparently RAM. I want to upgrade my RAM. In the system properties it...

View more questions Search