Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Timbo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2006, 07:05 PM
    Washing Machine Won't Spin
    I have a washing machine that won’t spin on its own. I bought a front loader from Sears, says Kenmore but believe it is a Frigidaire, Model #417.41042000. When machine is in the agitate cycle, the motor will not run unless I physically help it. When it starts it only goes for about 8 seconds until I move it again. When it’s in the spin cycle, it won’t start unless I physically help it and then seems to keep on spinning. Does this sound like a tired motor – any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim.
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Mar 24, 2006, 07:56 PM
    I had a similar problem and in my case it was a worn out Drive Belt. Yours might be a different problem but you never know. Take a look at this diagram and you might be able to pin it down better http://www.repairclinic.com/0100_25.asp

You can hover your mouse over the various parts for a better description of each part.

Casey
    Timbo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2006, 05:20 AM
    The belt was my first choice, it even does it with the belt off, I went to that web site and it looks like it might be the speed control bd.
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Mar 25, 2006, 05:38 AM
    Glad that you can narrow it down. The same site also gives some help in trouble shooting your washer here http://www.repairclinic.com/0088_11_1.asp if you haven't found that link already.

The Speed/Spin Control part looks mightly expensive :eek:. I hope for your sake that's not the problem.

Casey
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Mar 26, 2006, 12:21 PM
    Three phase DC pulse drive systems will not operate correctly with no load attached to the motor. The machine or motor controllers are watching for load conditions. Usually there will be a tech sheet somewhere inside the unit that describe how to test the motor with a volt-ohm meter or a diagnosic mode function. If you don't own a meter, you might consider calling for some help. The motor and the controller are both very expensive parts, and guessing may not get you anywhere. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Washing Machine won't spin [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - I have a Kenmore 70 series Washing Machine that stopped spinning today. I can hear the motor whirring and all the other features still work - just no spin. I have tried the spin cycle on all the diff "levels" (delicate etc) and still no spin. Got a load of wet clothes in there though :p...

Washing machine will not drain. The drum will not spin. [ 1 Answers ]

Washing machine will not drain. The drum will not spin. It make a loud whirring/grinding noise. There is no obvious blockage and have checked the pump. The pump is working fine and the impeller spins. Is this a blockage in the pipe or something else

Kenmore Elite Catalyst Washing Machine doesn't spin [ 32 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I have the correct model number. Nothing on back of washer. Under lid: SM 9710768-C. This is a Kenmore Elite Catalyst heavy duty, top load, king size capacity, ultra quiet pak, 3 speed motor with 6 speed combinations washing machine. I've tried both spin speeds, but neither work....

Washing Machine Box [ 10 Answers ]

Greetings. My basement has an overhead Sewer pipe going out to the front. Therefore, if I want a washing machine in the Basement, I have to pump the discharge up and out in some way. Right now, the discharge goes to the sump pump hole and then is pupmed out. I want to install a washing...

Washing Machine Woahs [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore washing machine that is very faulty. We never had any problems with it until we moved into our new place. The washing machine fills up, and doesn't recognize when to stop filling up and start agitating. I have to sit and watch it, and when I think it has enough water for the...

View more questions Search