Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 09:54 AM
    Are there spy chips in your clothes?
    Interesting that Levi Strass has something to do with spychips.

Use link:

spychips.com - how RFID will compromise privacy, security, freedom
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 24, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Were these type of chips not thought beneficial to potential kidnap victims? That would have to the be best idea to protect children and even pets. But I don't think I really want anyone knowing where I take off my pants!

What can we do about these companies who do what they want? We could all boycott their products - if that will do any good.

I'm speachless.

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 24, 2006, 10:59 AM
    You can try boycotting but if you boycotted all retailers and wholesalers that used RFIDs you'd be stuck making your own goods - it's everywhere. Usually it's on the packaging so once opened you're OK but the embedded chips in the jeans is a little worrisome. Of course you do need to have readers close by to pick up the faint signal.

This practice of embedding these chips in the product should be outlawed and standards written saying where RFIDs can be used. At the very least someone should be tracking the goods that have embedded chips.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

May 24, 2006, 11:10 AM
    Probably in the near future,your clothes will have an invisible bar code,only detected by stealth,which will tell jeansubuy,or such,how many times your product was washed,what time you folded them up at night,and what rubbish dump they eventually ended up at.Then again,if the product burst into flames,due to faulty design,the lawyers out there would have a field day. :D
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

May 24, 2006, 12:19 PM
    Don't they have something like this in Belgium? I heard they already have a supercomputer that can track everything financial move made. Actually, Iheard this has been in place for years.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 24, 2006, 03:58 PM
    Almost all products in America use these in one form or another, as stated on most they are on the inside of a box or container, but on clothes the problem has been that on a tag, they are merely cut off.

Of course now I guess Bush can know if you have your pants on or off,
    Personally I don't want to know who is answering these questions with or without pants
    qwertyman Posts: 109, Reputation: 15

May 24, 2006, 08:40 PM
    Right! If not now, then in the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chocolate chips [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one know of a way to keep chocolate chip candy from melting? Need to take it to a pot luck. There is no frig. Sunduster

Do performance chips really work, or is it hype? [ 2 Answers ]

Lots of retailers are selling automotive performance chips. Do they really work? Is there a big difference?

What clothes size? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my friend is 6'2'' and 215 lb, what size of shirt should I get for him, XL (72''), XXL (74'') or XXXL(76'')?

Crown problems-i miss potato chips! [ 3 Answers ]

I had a tooth prepared for a crown one month ago without a root canal. The temporary crown was painful when biting and very sensitive to hot, cold , and sweet. I saw my dentist twice after the temp was placed and she checked the bite and took another x-ray. She said there was not problem except...

Chips challenge and midi files [ 13 Answers ]

A friend just gave me a copy of chips challenge, which I haven't played for ages! :D I realized though that I can't hear the silly midi songs that went with it, and that's part of the fun. In trying to fix the problem, I discovered that I can't hear midi music on my computer at all. How would I fix...

View more questions Search