Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trishan Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 09:08 AM
    The Kevin Trudeau weight loss book
    What does everyone (who has read it or tried it) think of this book?
    In Phase 1, there are 12 different herbal type things he suggests that you take. Seems like an awful lot of capsuls, powders, teas etc...

Has anyone had negative side affects, or reactions from introducing all of these new things to your body?

And I'd like to know if anyone has made it through phase 2 or 3 and how they feel.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by trishan
    What does everyone (who has read it or tried it) think of this book?
    In Phase 1, there are 12 different herbal type things he suggests that you take. Seems like an awful lot of capsuls, powders, teas etc....

Has anyone had negative side affects, or reactions from introducing all of these new things to your body?

And I'd like to know if anyone has made it through phase 2 or 3 and how they feel.
    After looking into several of Kevin Trudeaus pitches, I found him to be the Utimate persuader. He boasts that this is "not a diet", He kind of leads people to believe this has nothing to do with dieting, working out, and that it's all natural and affordable. This program has 4 phases, the first one should last 30 days, he suggest you also need a Doctor to supervise, along with 15 colon cleansers in a month, (even if the average was 30.00 that's a lot of money). He does suggest walking for 1 hour a day. He promotes 2 or three different kinds of teas, a list of suggested foods, and a lenghtly list of forbidden foods. The all natural substance is a chemical found in pregnant women's urine, which you need a prescription to get, and most Doctors we spoke to would not prescribe this for weight loss. But he does suggest educating your Doctor if he won't give you a prescription on first request.? He has a checkered past to say the least, if you remember his memory drug, the FTC said it was based on"false claims" and now he's not allowed to give people the wrong impression on this cure for memory. There's a lot of miracle cures for body fat and weight loss but even with any diet supplement, you need to eat natural healthy foods, veggies, fruits, and lean meats, and exercise. It seems a lot less expensive to do it yourself, eat healthy, smaller portions and exercise. That extra money could go for classes in a gym.;)
    me08128 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 05:44 AM
    I haven't read Trudeau's book and I don't take the supplements, but I am on the hCG diet. I started on 8/17/07 at 303.5 pounds. Today is 9/30/07 and I'm down to 261.2. 42.3 pounds total. The diet works. I've averaged a loss of 0.94 pounds per day since starting it. I've got two more days on Phase 2 and then I'm on to Phase 3. I recommend reading "Pounds and Inches" manuscript by Dr. Simeons. I believe this is what Trudeau's book is based on.
    mayasmirnov Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 09:01 PM
    I have read Trudeau's book on weight loss cure where in phase 2 of Dr.Someons's protocol, a female has to stop taking the injections of HCG for the duration of the menstrual period. However, it does not say anything in that regard in the directions I have received with the actual HCG injections package. Which one is true?
    How important is it to stop the injections?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 04:13 PM
    I read Kevin's book and quite frankly I got better results with my personal weight loss from Dr. Atkins Diet Book. I can't afford to fly to Germany to get the HCG injections or all the pills and powders he pushes. Don't bother to try any thing he says in the book , either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss [ 3 Answers ]

I want know that if we start doing trademill walking and some flexibility exercises... can we gain weight? Becoz I gain 1kg and I want to loss weight... so guide me... I ant to loss 30lbs... till July... is it possible? Reply

Weight Loss [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in this bet to see who can loose the most weight the fastest... and I really need help on finding the fastest way to loose a lot more weigth than the other people! HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

I need to lose weight quickly [ 3 Answers ]

How can I loss my weight with in 12 weeks? It's very urgent... Thanks sujata

Are there natural products that aid in Weight loss? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there anything out there that helps with weight loss that is a "Natural" product? Please don't tell me about the "Self Control" pill or "Just stop eating" pill. I am grossly overweight and need to start on some kind of plan so I can slowly lose the extra weight over a year or so. Thanks...

Weight loss [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, for the last 2 years I have been trying without any success to lose weight. Am not overweight but it seems impossible for me to loose even 2 kgs. Have tried weight watcher, south beach diet... Would it be possible that I do have problems with my tyroid and who should I consult for that?

View more questions Search