Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    modglila Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 07:36 PM
    IE printing error: res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg error
    I have seen about a dozen posts on different Web sites regarding this error. The most common fixes are related to an individual work station. We are experiencing this problem with our Web site and everyone accessing it is unable to print pages that are within frames. I tried the fixes on my workstation with no luck. I need to know what is causing this error so that I can fix the problem for everyone. What causes this error?

Line: 2021
    Char: 1
    Error: Unspecified error.
    Code: 0
    URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg

Thanks!
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 04:20 AM
    Make sure that Internet explorer and Firefox are closed.

Go to Start > Run and type "regsvr32 ole32.dll" in the box. 'Note the space'

Click OK and then try printing again.
    Cenia Johnston Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Yes I think this worked but now the printer say something wrong with the port. So nothing not printing from anywhere
    grant800 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Comment on benn11's post
    This answer instantly solved my Outlook Express "script error" problem that would not let me print. Thank you very much!
    dandb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by benn11

Perfect solution. AOL was no help because I am no longer a paying member. Who needs to pay with this kind of service?
    abrozze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 05:15 AM
    Comment on benn11's post
    After trying missed spelled fixes from at least 6 different forums, benn11 you are the best
    suzysully Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 08:20 PM

Thank you, i have been trying to get an answer from everyone on this and no one has been able to help...
    greb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 04:04 PM

This is a brilliant fix, it also fixed an error I had with Internet Explorer
    Where I could not send a web page by Email, but I can now.
    bags305 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 11:46 AM
    I came across this error on a website Wholesale Plumbing Supply and I couldn't print it anywhere. After I copied the source into Frontpage and fooled around with it, I found that there was a <frame> tag that was apparently useless. I previewed with and without, saw no difference, except that I could print (and received no error) without it. That was the problem in my case - an actual error in the HTML code, not necessarily caused by IE7 (although it probably conflicted).
    afis17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Comment on benn11's post
    Thank you. I have been dealing with this for months. It work great.
    selhor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 03:42 AM

I have tried the above but it didn't help. I got a message "load library (ole.dll) failed. The specified module could not be found"

My problem is that I can print emails if I access them through IE but not if I access them through my ISP which is AOL>
    eidawin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 05:13 PM
    I've been researching about this error, but nothing's seems to work and sometimes the answers are too complicated for me, until I just decided to download the driver for my printer through the manufacturer's website since I don't have the disk with me anymore. I thought that my problem is the printer's driver. And then...

1. Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Printers and Faxes. Delete printer icon.
    2. Printers and Faxes --> File menu --> Server Properties --> Drivers. Delete the same driver name as you're installing.
    3. Printers and Faxes --> Add a printer (follow the step-by-step guide). Check "Automatically detect & install my Plug and Play printer."
    4. If the wizard was unable to detect any Plug and Play printers, you need to install the printer manually. Click Next.
    5. Choose which printer port you will use, usually your computer has a list of printer ports.
    6. Choose the printer manufacturer and then the printer model.
    7. If you don't have the driver in your computer, it's best to download it from the manufacturer's site, that's the file that you will use to reinstall your driver.

I am hoping that this would help others, the reason why I registered in this site is to share this. I am not techie, I just happen to discover it through the instructions in my own computer when I chose the TROUBLESHOOT button when my printer didn't work (unfortunately, I forget how I got to that part :)). I know this problem is very annoying, so I just want to save you some trouble as much as possible.

Good luck.
    Ronnrw Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by benn11 View Post

Ronnrw wishes to thank benn11 and all the other caring folk who responded to my printing problem.
    Your advice Start>Run and type "regsvr32 ole32.dll" successfully solved my problem... "You nailed it man!"
    Thanks again to people helping others... "Go safely, always!" Ronn.
    collergeo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2011, 02:53 PM
    The printer software may be corrupt or the settings incorrect
    Start > Control Panel > Printers
    Make sure the printer you wish to use is set as default and has a tick (check) against it
    Right click on the printer icon and select 'Properties'
    Run through all the tabs at the top making sure the settings are as they should be
    Try to print a test page and if unsuccessful use the troubleshooting guide that should be available when you right click the icon > Help > Troubleshooting
    If you have no success – reinstall the software

Oct 25, 2011, 11:55 AM
    Good work, plese follow with this cain of information in the net, is very important this type of help!! That is internent for!

Greetings from Mexico City
    Amreesh Kumar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 11:06 PM
    Thanks
    It is perfectly successfully

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Printing Error-Script Error [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to print a window pops up: Internet Explorer Script Error Line:1174 I have tried several things: Quick Restore, checked Script debugging box.

Printing error [ 1 Answers ]

Hello every one,I import all of my mails from Microsot Outlook to Outlook express.There is no problem in sending and receiving the mails.But the problem is that I can give the command to print the mails from outlook express.But no print will come and no error too.When opened the printer,there is no...

Shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to print some info while online I get this Error Message Line:228 Char: 1 Error: Interface not registered Code:0 Url:res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/preview.dlg How do I correct this problem! :confused:

Printing error [ 3 Answers ]

When trying to print from the internet, I get an error message; Line: 93 Char: 1 Error: Access is denied Code: 0 URL: res://C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/preview.dlg Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes No

Dll error [ 2 Answers ]

When I try to install SP1 for IE6, I get this ie6wzd.exe error-Entry Point Not Found-"The procedure entry point CoInternetGetSession could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll." I don't know how to make it right so that it will work.:confused:

View more questions Search