Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    The Doll Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 06:21 AM
    Brown Stains? Help!
    I've been having brown stains on my panties lately, and I have no idea why. They do smell a lot, and that totally sucks. Was wondering if it could be poo stains, but then I realized that it's not, as my pubic area itches sometimes.

I'm 19, and have irregular menstruation since my first period started at around 14. I've tried asking the doctor a year ago about the irregularity, but he claims that it will only pose as a problem if it persists till when I'm 20. My irregularity is exaggerating- My period can come only once in 6-9 months, or monthly for a straight 2-4 months before the irregularity comes back.

My friends have advised me to consult a gynecologist but hell, the consultations and check-ups are darn expensive here in Singapore. I cannot squander my money away, as my mum often keeps herself updated regarding my cash in the bank.

I do not intend to confide in her about this, as she's a nutritionist and she'll give me a lash if I complain about my problem to her, since she has already advised me to consume Evening Primrose Oil tablets that seems effective in helping to regulate menstruation and to improve health. Well I'm not stubborn, I just hate taking tablets or having to consume medications/supplements daily.

By the way, I can't possibly be pregnant because I'm still a virgin. Can anybody help me on this? I'm seriously annoyed by the stench.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 06:33 AM

Your problem sounds like a lost tampon. Yes, it happens. Do you or did you use a tampons ?

I know it sounds like a screwy idea but have heard that women sometimes forget that the tampon was inserted, forgot it and it remained inside. This can cause a dark brown discharge and foul odor (of course, the tampon is rotting).

Tick

Feb 4, 2010, 06:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Your problem sounds like a lost tampon. yes, it happens. Do you or did you use a tampons ?

I know it sounds like a screwy idea but have heard that women sometimes forget that the tampon was inserted, forgot it and it remained inside. This can cause a dark brown discharge and foul odor (of course, the tampon is rotting).

tick
    Hmm no, I don't use that... Any other idea?
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2010, 05:56 PM
    I suspect you have a vaginal infection - if it's smelly and itchy, that indicates something is not quite right. Infections can happen easily regardless of whether you're sexually active or not.

However, it could also be something else to do with your reproductive system, so it's best to not guess.

You will need go and see a doctor about this - this is nothing to do with taking evening primrose oil/or not. It is to do with your body potentially having an infection or even something more serious.

Going to see a doctor is hardly 'squandering' your money, when your reproductive health is in question. You're 19, you're old enough to take responsibility for your own health and how you use your funds.

Feb 5, 2010, 03:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    I suspect you have a vaginal infection - if it's smelly and itchy, that indicates something is not quite right. Infections can happen easily regardless of whether you're sexually active or not.

However, it could also be something else to do with your reproductive system, so it's best to not guess.

You will need go and see a doctor about this - this is nothing to do with taking evening primrose oil/or not. It is to do with your body potentially having an infection or even something more serious.

Going to see a doctor is hardly 'squandering' your money, when your reproductive health is in question. You're 19, you're old enough to take responsibility for your own health and how you use your funds.
    All right then, thanks for the assistance guys!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I dye my hair a light brown the day after I died it dark brown/blackish? [ 1 Answers ]

Alrighty, so I died my hair a dark brown, and it kind of came out black. So I would like to go back to a lighter brown but still dark. Can I do that today? I have a business thing tomorrow and would rather I did not have this hair colour?? HELP!! :confused:

Brown stains on laundry [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know whether it's my Kenmore Elite washer or dryer, but I've been getting 1-3" long brown thin streak marks on my clean clothes. They show up on my lighter loads that I wash in warm water. My washer and dryer are about 5 years old. Does anyone know what is causing this and how it should be...

Can I re dye my hair from dark brown to a lighter brown or darker blonde? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my dilemma, please help!! I wanted to do a hair color change, so I had my hair 2 toned. I told her I wanted to be dark on the bottom and blond on top so she did half the bottom dark brown and mixed sandy blond with another color for the top and it came out very brassy/red did not look...

Brown stains in grout [ 5 Answers ]

Hello This is my first post to this site. I live in a 2 year old high rise (poured concrete) condo building. In one bath I have brown spots in the grout that disappear when I apply bleach but return in 3 days to a week in the same spots. I used a carbide grout scraper and removed as much of...

View more questions Search