Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Sep 28, 2014, 08:26 AM
    Pesky Mice with Nine Lives?
    Usual Routine come Fall set the Mouse Traps , Where they come in is another Venture.. Any good sure fire Mouse Traps out there that guarantee results? I've been using the cheap 0.99 cent spring loaded model.. Hate to say we're getting pretty good at setting them without snapping knuckles.. lol.. Been using a mixture of ground up Warferen & Peanut Butter (more Warferen than Peanut Butter).. lol.. I won't give up setting the traps.. What get's me I've played with the traps enough to get them sensitive that should someone stomp the floor they go off. The Mice are fearless , they'll lick the trap clean without setting it off.. lol... btw the body count since we've started setting the traps this season is up to 7 in 2 weeks time..lol..
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 28, 2014, 08:39 AM
    Be aware that mice prefer to run along walls. It's an instinct bred from being out in the fields where owls could swoop down and grab them. The snap traps work best when the baited trigger is pointing to a wall and almost if not completely up against it. The mouse has less access to the peanut butter without setting off the trap that way.

If you're using the Warfarin/peanut butter to poison them where you can't set traps, be sure to use chunky peanut butter. You might even wish to add a little birdseed, as seeds and nuts are the natural foods for mice.

Sep 28, 2014, 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Be aware that mice prefer to run along walls. It's an instinct bred from being out in the fields where owls could swoop down and grab them. The snap traps work best when the baited trigger is pointing to a wall and almost if not completely up against it. The mouse has less access to the peanut butter without setting off the trap that way.

If you're using the Warfarin/peanut butter to poison them where you can't set traps, be sure to use chunky peanut butter. You might even wish to add a little birdseed, as seeds and nuts are the natural foods for mice.

@ Catsmine.. Thanks for the Comeback.. I'll give that a try, makes sense as close to the wall giving them less wiggle room.. lol... The Warferen isn't totally ground to dust , makes for a bit of a chunky mix into the Peanut Butter.. I do put a healthy dose on the flapper without interfering with the hook part.. Took a bit to learn how best to line up the rod so I could pull my fingers away Safely.. lol.. Cheers Thanks
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 28, 2014, 04:14 PM
    To answer your original question, let me refer you to an old cliche' - If you build a better mousetrap, the world will beat a path to your door. Really, the snap trap is probably the best lethal trap there is. There are non-lethal ones, but what do you do with live wild mice if you don't have a snake?

Sep 28, 2014, 04:37 PM
    There are non-lethal ones, but what do you do with live wild mice if you don't have a snake?
    10-4.. Got a couple of Rural Roaming Barn Cat's not keeping their Quote up either.. lol..
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 28, 2014, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorPlan View Post
    Got a couple of Rural Roaming Barn Cat's not keeping their Quote up either.. lol..
    Believe it or not, the best mouser in the domestic animals category is the Parson Russell terrier. The Hognose Corn Snake is the best field mouse repellant bar none.

Oct 3, 2014, 05:32 AM
    The Hognose Corn Snake is the best field mouse repellant bar none.
    Just the Discription, Think it's a little to exotic for my climate.. lol.. But Thanks though , been placing the traps closer to the wall to cut down on the wiggle room and it's working... Have a spot that has been yielding results , the Pump sits about 6 inches off the ground on a cement ledge.. Underneath the surface is a ruff surface of poured concrete.. Consequently when the mouse get's into the peanut butter, it wiggles the trap and voilą.. Obviously I can't tell it's age but their not small, a light brown coat with a white belly.. And a few smaller size , grey coats with big ears.. lol.. Cheers. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pesky moles [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get rid of moles in my flower garden? I've already killed one, well my husband killed one. I was just wondering if I should expect to see more and if so , how can I get rid of them? My lilies are looking and smelling so great and I don't want the moles to destroy them. I've never had any...

Pesky Files [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 Files that cannot be deleted - IadHide5.dll Perfib_Perfidata_5c8 and fla1.tmp Can anybody tell me what they are and how to get rid of them as they do not seem to to be doing anything good.

Got another one of those pesky emails. [ 18 Answers ]

Would like comments on this, cites sources Subject: Taxes

Pesky crows [ 2 Answers ]

Dear People, how do I limit crows activity? They managed to scare all the other birds away and we no longer hear happy chirping... All answers are greatly appreciated. Helen

Pesky little fleas! [ 4 Answers ]

My poor baby has fleas, bad! We live in Texas and there is a HUGE flea problem. She had a visit with the vet today and he recommended Frontline (which they sold there at the office). I put it on her immediately when we got hime. She still seems to be itching but she has so much hair it's hard to...

View more questions Search