Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Jun 17, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Tips on a trip to Japan
    So in October I will be going with my best friend Roxanne to Japan. The one place in the world I want to visit more than anything. So we will be touching down in the Narita airport in Tokyo.

I was wondering, what's the weather like that time of the year? What's some things we should do that maybe the common tourist might miss. :) thanks in advance

And hi to everyone I haven't talked to in awhile!! Miss you guys!
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 11:12 PM
    Hi Delow, October is a gorgeous time to be travelling throughout Japan. What part of the month will you be there and for how long?

Here is where I lived for a number of years and worth visiting at any time:
    City of Kanazawa

Lake Towada and Oirase Gorge are breathtakingly beautiful in Autumn:
    Aomori Sightseeing

What are you most wanting to see or do while in Japan?
    okinawa Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Bring a map if this is your first time in Tokyo... the place is huge! I would also recommend reading up on using their train system. Check out Shinjuku in Tokyo, an amazing place.
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2008, 10:46 PM
    Exceptional photography, as I'm sure you must hear all the time. Would have liked to have visited Okinawa to discover more about its history and distinctive culture. And I agree, Shinjuku is an awesome place - a must see if visiting Japan the first time.

Note: Oirase Gorge I remember now is not as spectacular as hoped - travel pictures obscure the road that virtually runs alongside the river, spoiling the feeling of getting away from it all. Towada Lake and Kanazawa are definitely worth putting on an itinerary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Geography on Japan [ 3 Answers ]

Tell me 5 famous landmarks in Japan. Eg: mt.fuji Tokyo tower :confused:

Japan or Norway ? [ 1 Answers ]

Which country is located on a peninsula ? Isn't japan an island ?

Differences in Japan [ 1 Answers ]

How does Japan differ from its Asian neighbors?

Need tips for a trip to Korea [ 3 Answers ]

Ok me and my friends are obviously planning a trip to Korea for next year and I wanted to know if anyone can give me tips. Like a good place to buy tickets and stuff.

Japan [ 1 Answers ]

In Japan's Shoguns Reject the West, both historians agree that the shoguns closed Japan to the west: A - To ensure loyalty and maintain the security of the regime. B - To bolster the economy for Japan's merchants. C - To keep out Christianity. D - Fo Fear of immoral influences.

View more questions Search