Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scutr02 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 12:41 PM
    Hooking up a portable dishwasher to a 3/4" garden hose spigot
    I've got a doosy... (hopefully it's easier than I've made it).

Years ago I installed a portable dishwasher in my kitchen using a 3/4" garden hose spigot because the quick-disconnect that came with the dishwasher had a 3/4" garden hose thread.

A few years ago I was forced to buy a new portable dishwasher. This time, it came with a faucet (55/64-27 thread) connection. I could not find an adapter that would allow me to couple 55/64" faucet threads to 3/4" garden hose threads, so I scavenged the old drain hose off the old dishwasher and used that.

Now the problem: weeks ago the drain hose failed at the metallic crimped connection where the supply line and the drain line meet at the fresh water bypass. So I need to use the hose assembly that came with it, as it is sitting in my basement.

QUESTION: do they make a 55/64" female x 3/4" female couple? or is there another way to do this?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 9, 2009, 05:54 PM
    Scutr02:

They do not make a specific single fitting for your application, but I have no doubt that a local plumbing supply company can put something together for you using a few threaded fittings. Take your issue to the local counter guys at a plumbing supply house.. ask them what they can make up and don't forget some teflon tape and/or thread sealant... ;)

Let us know if you need more here...

MARK

KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2009, 09:49 PM

The C-442 here: http://www.usual.com.tw/images/product6-1.swf looks promising, but I can't tell. There has to be a female thread of some kind on the other side.

This may get you the other part you need. Amazon.com: Nelson Industrial Brass Pipe and Hose Fitting with Dual Swivel for Male Hose to Male Hose, Double Female #50574: Home Improvement

I once needed an odd fitting. The drain valve used on the side of ball valves to 1/8" pipe male. I was able to silver solder a piece of brass pipe to the cap. Added a small valve and plastic tubing and I ended up with an easy to drain outside faucet.

Nov 10, 2009, 05:13 AM

Thanks for the input guys.

Massplumber - Hey, right in my back yard! Yeah, I tried one plumbing supply house, and they set me up with an adapter (which I had to cut with a hacksaw in order to get the threads I needed) and a dual-female garden hose coupling, and both garden hose couplings I tried leaked. I guess no one cares about garden hoses leaking.

KISS - I'll scope out those adapters you sent. I wish they had a little more thread info, but we'll see...

Thanks guys!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2009, 08:31 AM

Check the gasket for hardness and the fitting for burrs. They shouldn't leak.

Nov 10, 2009, 09:36 AM

Leak on both occasions was coming from the middle of the couple. I'll replace the gaskets (all new when I tried it the first time) and teflon and try again. Maybe I'll try a new couple too.
    cedarglen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2013, 08:13 AM
    I know this is a very old post, but I'll give it a try... I want to do almost the exact opposite of Mark's connection. I've already got a typical, slip-on connector on my kitchen sink faucet for the portable dishwasher. It works just fine. I need an adapter that will go from this existing connector to a standard garden hose fitting. If it matters, here's the need: My home has huge areas of hardwood and tile flooring that I typically mop with a commercial string mop and ringer bucket. Sometimes I'd like to use warm or hot water in my mop bucket. The kitchen sink is my only access to hot water. I'd like to fill the mop bucket from the kitchen sink, using a short length of 'garden' hose. Sorry, I don't have a sink sprayer and it is not possible to install one. Any/all ideas are welcome. Thanks <e-mail address removed>
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 15, 2013, 10:21 AM
    Click on the link below to find your adapter. Good luck, Tom
    Aerators & Adaptors - Plumbing Parts & Repair - Plumbing at The Home Depot
    cedarglen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2013, 10:48 AM
    Thanks speedball1, Tom. I'll give it a try. Cedarglen

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leak from spigot/garden hose connection [ 13 Answers ]

I replaced the garden hose onto my outside spigot. Now it leaks from the spigot/hose connection. I then purchased a threaded pipe extension to hook the garden hose onto that but still it leaks from the spigot/hose connection. I never had a leak with my old hose and as I also tried the pipe...

1" pvc adapter to 5/garden hose [ 1 Answers ]

The pump is 1" a male 1" pvc adapter screws into the pump okay. But The other end of the adapter needs a male 5/8 threaded part to screw into a garden hose . What would you call that type of fitting??

Making a portable dishwasher "permanent" [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, We've just moved into a house that previously had a washing machine right next to the kitchen sink. They decided to move that to the garage, though, and capped off the washing machine hookups. I am wondering if I can do the following: - Take off the cap from the cold water line, and add a...

Hose Doesn't Fit Spigot? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I am a new home owner and went out and bought a 3/4" garden hose to water my flowers. When I tried to attach the hose to the spigot, it turns out that the spigot and the hose opening are the same size, so obviously the female end of the hose did not attach to the male spigot! (yes, I...

Leaky outdoor hose/spigot connection [ 2 Answers ]

If my hose connection at the spigot sprays water everywhere, do I have to replace the whole spigot? It seems that when I connect the hose end to the spigot, I don't get too many rotations. When I turn on the faucet, water sprays everywhere from the hose/spigot connection. Did the winter freeze...

View more questions Search