Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atm04 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 11:50 AM
    I had a drug/ alcohol test at work the day after I had 2 glasses of wine with dinner
    I had 2 glasses of chardonney sun eve around 6 p.m. Went into work on mon. and they were doing random drug and alcohol tests (etg). My job has a zero tolarance. I am not worried about the drug test at all. But, the EtG makes me nervous. I am a middle aged woman that is slightly overweight. They did the tests at 6 p.m. on mon. I very rarly ever drink. What should I be ready for? I am sure that those glasses will show up? But will it show up that it was just 2 glasses? Oh and we had a big dinner that night.
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Sep 17, 2008, 11:53 AM
    You can relax... 2 glasses of wine will be completely gone 24 hrs later.

Hell, you could have had the entire bottle and would be fine for a test.

Urine screen or blood test?
    atm04 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by atm04
    I had 2 glasses of chardonney sun eve around 6 p.m. Went into work on mon. and they were doing random drug and alcohol tests (etg). My job has a zero tolarance. I am not worried about the drug test at all. But, the etg makes me nervous. I am a middle aged woman that is slightly overweight. They did the tests at 6 p.m. on mon. I very rarly ever drink. What should I be ready for? I am sure that those glasses will show up? But will it show up that it was just 2 glasses? Oh and we had a big dinner that night.
    I know it was a egt test and I heard they can test up to 80 hrs? Going back to the question of 2 glasses of wine 24hrs before a egt test how is it going to show up?
    RustyFairmount Posts: 165, Reputation: 40

Sep 17, 2008, 06:56 PM
    OMG! You are such a prude! I envy you. I drink a pint of whiskey nightly. Sober by morning. Kick butt at work all day long. Repeat.

The zero tolerance policy of your office (wrt alcohol) is to ensure that you aren't DRUNK ON THE JOB. You can have a beverage (provided you are legal age) any time you want outside of work.

You are a great person for being concerned about things like this. Relax. Enjoy your wine.

Sep 18, 2008, 09:36 AM
    For a company to do a test that goes back 80 hrs would be pointless. Alcohol is legal and you can drink it while not at work (Well, not during lunch! Lol)

Don't WORRY... and next time.. don't stop at 2 glasses! Have fun! Lol
    haileejo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by atm04
    I had 2 glasses of chardonney sun eve around 6 p.m. Went into work on mon. and they were doing random drug and alcohol tests (etg). My job has a zero tolarance. I am not worried about the drug test at all. But, the etg makes me nervous. I am a middle aged woman that is slightly overweight. They did the tests at 6 p.m. on mon. I very rarly ever drink. What should I be ready for? I am sure that those glasses will show up? But will it show up that it was just 2 glasses? Oh and we had a big dinner that night.
    I had a drug test 2days to see if I was taking my lortabs.. I took 1 4 hours before the test and the dr said it was not in my urine.. I take them every day for pain.. how could it not show up on the test

Sep 19, 2008, 06:14 AM
    Hmmm odd. The HYDROCODONE in the Lortab shouldve shown up.
    Maybe they didn't test for that?

Side note... be careful. Lortab can be addictive.
    april k Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Sep 21, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by atm04 View Post
    Don't worry about it. 1- 2 glasses of wine in acceptable, and does not in any way indicate a substance abuse problem. 2- there's no way it's still in your system after 24 hours! Enjoy your wine with dinner, just don't pop an un-prescribed med to sleep, etc.

April K
    april k Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Sep 21, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by atm04 View Post

Don't worry about it. 1- 2 glasses of wine in acceptable, and does not in any way indicate a substance abuse problem. 2- there's no way it's still in your system after 24 hours! Enjoy your wine with dinner, just don't pop an un-prescribed med to sleep, etc.

April K
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 02:46 PM

First , assuming you are in the US, you can't be fired or punished for any drinking you do off work, Only being drunk or under the influence while at work. So who cares if they show you drank something last night, they can't do anything about that. Only if you have certain levels at work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG test (80 hour Alcohol test) - Drink Friday will it be there on Tuesday/Wednesday? [ 21 Answers ]

I drank a few pitchers and a couple shots on Friday. I will either have to test on Tuesday or Wednesday. Wednesday is a must, but I could get called for random on Tuesday!? :confused: :eek:

Red wine glasses? [ 4 Answers ]

Can you advise me on how to select the correct red wine glasses - there seems to be quite a range. I have Bordeaux glasses but now require something that would be usable with all red wines.

ETG Alcohol Test (80 Hour Alcohol Test) [ 1 Answers ]

I drink Non-Alcoholic Beer, but it still contains less than 0.5% alcohol per bottle. I usually have one or two every couple of days. Will this show up in the test? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 to 2 glasses of wine she must be harming her child [ 15 Answers ]

Hello again everyone I guess all get to it, a girlfriend of mine is 28 weeks pregnant ( same as my self). My husband and I had dinner at her house with her husband as we walked in the table had been set, the only strange thing was we all had wine glasses. So I thought to myself well maybe will have...

Country Club Attire for Wine Dinner [ 2 Answers ]

What is the appropriate attire for a Country Club Wine Dinner?

View more questions Search