LEPA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 01:16 PM
    Model Ship Building - How to Bend the Planks Around the Bow
    How do I bend planks around a model ships rounded type of bow
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2009, 12:39 AM

Hi, LEPA!

I just titled and moved your question that you had posted as a response to someone else's really old question to a new thread so that your question will get noticed as being your own. This place doesn't work the same way that a chat site does. So, if someone wants to post a new question that's not a reply to the original question at the very top of the page, it's best to be starting a new thread.

Concerning your question, and I'm searching through my memory of long ago here, in my experience, you would go about bending the wood by soaking it for a very long time in water that also has some linseed oil in it is how you go about doing that. The linseed oil will help to keep the wood flexible.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Model Ship Building [ 3 Answers ]

I have my first wooden ship kit of a Spanish Galleon I'm having trouble lining the ships hull without splitting the timber. I soke the timber in water prior to bending ( If that is part of the problem )any helpful advice would be appreciated. : )

Recommend any Good book on Equity research model building [ 0 Answers ]

Hye I am a Chartered Accountant working in an equity brokerage firm in india. Can u . Recommend any good book on how to built Equity research models. I am an entry level equity research analyst working in fully dedicated brokerage firm and want to develop equity research model but I don't...

Antique model ship [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased an antique medieval carrack ship modeled after a ship in the 14th-15th century. The artist used burlap for the sails. It has a solid wood hull. Does anyone have experience with the history of model ship building and the various materials used during different point in...

Model ship building: Getting started [ 1 Answers ]

So I've decided to take up a hobby, and I've mostly decided on model ship building... old sailing ships, mainly, but warships up through WWII era are interesting as well. When I was a kid, I built a few model cars... nothing really complex, and cars never really held much of a fascination for me...

View more questions Search