Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gekko Posts: 347, Reputation: 77

Nov 26, 2007, 10:52 AM
    1997-1999 Comedy Title -
    Hi, I'm hoping to get the name of a movie or any more information at all about it.
    Here's what I know;
    Comedy, Released between 1997-1999 (around the same time as "Thursday"), Was a trailer on a VHS movie around that time. It had a modern look and feel to it. It was a regular comedy, probably with a light romantic (Guy gets girl in end) theme.

It had a couple of mid-20 guys, crazy about girls. One guy believed that the size of a woman's purse or backpack was an indication of the size of her inner bits and her performance in bed.
    Then they show a scene where he's in a clothing shop and they show this hot girl shopping, and she has an absolutely tiny backpack on, the size of a wallet held with small string straps, and it has a leopard skin pattern on it. They cut back to the guy and he's frozen and staring uncontrollable at her, practically drooling.

Any more info would be great.

Feb 4, 2008, 02:31 AM
    You're in luck, this movie was shown just this weekend.
    The movie you're after is Strange Planet (1999)

(Yes I know I answered my own question)

Thanks to all that tried though.
    For some ridiculous reason I was thinking of that trailer for years. Finally, no more.
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Mar 28, 2008, 07:25 AM
    Ha ha ha, so was the film any good then?(did it exceed expectations or had you seen it before)
    This back pack business had me laughing! (",)

Mar 28, 2008, 07:46 AM
    Nope. It wasn't that good. Haaaa

And it turned out that it was 1 guy had the belief of the backback comparison and it was his mate saw the cheetah backpack. And the reason he freaked out was that he was worried he was turning into the 1st guy. And that was it, joke over. Australian movie and the chick wasn't even hot.

The trailer made it look good. Well done to the trailer people on that one. Unfortunate for me and my 8 year search. It's all over now though, and I'm getting on with my life...
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Apr 8, 2008, 05:15 AM
    Ha Ha Ha, you are funny. That's almost like the time that I re-visited a film (unlike you) I had watched a few times but over ten years ago... In my mind it was the funniest film I had ever seen and I kept going on and on and on and on about it until one day I found the dvd. My friend (who I had going to on and on about it with) was looking at me as if to say I have issues if I though it was funny.It was called 'the party' and it had peter sellers in it have you seen it?
    It really wasn't and I was so disapointed!!
    What a let down!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Comedy/Horror Movie.. don't know the title? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay.. heres another one for you guys... Character is a woman who has problems with her husband, well she's at home alone(apartment/hotel) reading a horror book, and as she reads everything starts to really happen. The first story that she reads is about a monster that comes to life and I think...

Looking for the title of an 80's sex comedy... [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know if this is enough to track it down, but I remember seeing this on cable years ago, and two images stick out in my mind. One was a gag setup involving sneaking a lobster into bed with a girl which resulted in her getting a lobster pinching her nipples, running out and screaming with...

Title of movie (comedy) within the last 10 years [ 1 Answers ]

I know this movie is a comedy possible romantic comedy.. I can only remember one scene of the movie (please don't think I'm a sicko).. The part I remember is a guy walks in on his parents having sex and the guy's father is dressed in umpire gear.. The guy tries so hard not to become a professional...

70s black comedy movie title [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Experts, I'm desperate to find the name of this movie which I remember seeing but not the title (or director or anything else useful). It's an American made black comedy and dates from the 70s or maybe early 80s, set in a big, high-rise city. It's about a quiet, innocent, inexperienced...

View more questions Search