Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ccondon2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 05:02 AM
    Putting a Lien on a property
    As a property manager, what is the process of putting a lien on a condominium that has an owner not paying his maintenance fees?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 05:26 AM
    Hello c:

You have to sue 'em first and win. Once you win a judgment, you can place a lien.

excon
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Here in VA they are called Warrants in Debt. Get the judgement first, then it is a matter of filing the paperwork at the courthouse.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jul 24, 2007, 02:47 PM
    A condo association or HOA doesn't always need to get a judgment in order to place a lien on the property. You need to read the by-laws of the association. Some by-laws allow that a lien may be filed against the property after the owner has received proper written notice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NJ putting a lien on a property ? Maybe ? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, a few years ago my mother passed away and she had no will and I am an only child. My mother and grandmother owned a condo jointly. I went to NJ probabte court and got papers saying I was ex. Of my mother's estate. Also with my mothers insurance money I had paid off a loan that was on the condo....

Putting a Lean on a house or property after 25 years. [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is at all possible to put a lean on a home or property for the cost Of the land the home was built on if the person has never paid the loan off and it has been About 25 years since the land was purchased. We have all the receipts and paperwork. A Little more info... My...

Putting a lien on someone's cars [ 2 Answers ]

I just went to court and won a judgement how do I put a lien on someone's cars

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

View more questions Search