Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spitfirechrisee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 11:01 PM
    How can itell if my mickey mouse plattie fish is pregnant
    How can I tell if my mickey mouse plattie is pregnant or just fat she started lying around on the bottom about 15 days ago so I put he in a smaller tank by herself but still nothing has happen she looks like she is going to bust
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 01:46 AM
    How is your fish doing?

You can tell a platy is pregnant by the huge belly.

Another thing to look out for if your not sure a fish is pregnant is a disease called Dropsy.
    It causes sever bloating of the fish and makes the scales stand out like a pinecone.
    If this is the case the fish would need to be treated with medication.

More than likely if the fins are not poking out like a pine cone, the fish is pregnant. Hope all is going well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Value of Mickey Mouse Tin Lunchbox 1960's ? [ 2 Answers ]

I believe the Lunchbox is made in Australia around the 1960's ,it has pictures of Mickey Mouse,Goofy,Donald Duck,Pluto,Daisy Duck and Minnie Mouse on it with " This case belongs to -------- on the front. The lucnchbox is made from Tin . Thanks

I think I am pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I had my last period on jan 17,2007 and I was supposed to have it again feb 14, 2007 and it is now feb 20, 2007 and my period still hasn't came. I have taken a test and it showed up negative. I have all the symptoms I have the sore breast, the feeling sick to my stomach, the headaches, the increase...

The # of fish a fish tank can hold. [ 3 Answers ]

The number of tropical fish that an aquarium can hold depends on the volume of the fish tank. The interior dimensions of the fish tank below are 28 cm, 49 cm, and 52 cm. Each fish requires 10,000 cubic centimeters of water. How many tropical fish will this fish tank hold?

Mickey mantle baseball card with autograph (how much is it worth) [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1985 circle K mickey mantle autographed baseball card and I was wondering how much the card is possibley worth. Or possibly where I can go to be able to find out if no one has an answer. Thanks

Installing mouse w/o a mouse [ 1 Answers ]

My mouse went out on an old computer and I have tried installing new software using only keystrokes to no avail. Everything I try comes back to the same problem -- not having a mouse. I can't uninstall the old software w/o a mouse. I'm lost. Suggestions appreciated. Ed

View more questions Search