Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gyna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 10:30 PM
    Sixteen and pregnant [parinoid or pregnant?]
    So basically, I've been going out with my Boyfriend for going on 2 months. We've had unprotected sex more than 5 times.. every time he pulled out. I went to the Dr. with him and had a pregnancy test.. wasnt pregnant.. BUT I had some "raging" UTI.. and I told my aunt... and she said.. that could have messed with the test... also.. we had sex like 3 days before the test... is that to soon to know?

Thanks a lot.
    Crybaby9112001 Posts: 83, Reputation: 4

Jun 23, 2008, 10:38 PM
    Well you should have used protection. And I'm surprised you didn't get scared the first time you went to the doctor to get tested. It should have been a reality check for you to be more careful. And yes 3 days is to soon. You should wait until there is a sign of a missed period. But please be more careful. Unprotected sex is very dangerous and not only could you end up pregnant but you could end up with a serious Infection or worse HIV. Please take care of yourself, you are very young and have so much ahead of you. USE PROTECTION or better yet Abstinence.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Jun 24, 2008, 09:30 AM
    I doubt a UTI can effect a pregnancy test. UTIs and UTI medicines do not have any type of pregnancy hormones to cause a false positive, nor does it cover up pregnancy hormones to get a false negative.

So are you saying you went got a pregnancy test done a few days after you two had sex? If you did then yes that is too soon. You need to wait at least 2-3 weeks and that can still even be too early. If you are late you should take another test, and if your not late then take it as a lesson to use protection. Condoms are free at planned parenthood.
    babygirl1092 Posts: 114, Reputation: 8
    -

Jun 25, 2008, 07:53 AM
    Yes, it was taken to soon, you need to wait for a missed period then wait a week or so after the missed period and take a home pregnancy test, if it is negative and still no signs of a period see you heath care provider same as if it is pos. Only time can tell if you are pregnant. And if you end up not being pregnant please use protection or birthcontrol because you have a lot ahead of you and if you have a baby at your age you will be giving up a lot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Am I Pregnant or something els? [ 4 Answers ]

So I'm about 2 months late on my period. When I visited my mother on christmas she mentioned that I looked pregnant because I'm gaining weight in my tummy and my breasts are bigger, I thought maybe I'm just bloated from being so late. Well I waited, still no period. I started spotting light pink...

Could I be pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm desperate please help. I had unprotected sex on may31 and my period was due on june7th. I never experience cramping and the last couple of days I have had mild cramping, extreme bloating and nausia. Could I be pregnant?

Pregnant or not ? [ 2 Answers ]

OK so here is the story.. . In the beginning of may the first week I had my period as normal OK they usually last 3 or 4 days and are not really that heavy.. . And about that same time I stopped taking my birth control pills because me and my husband want to have a baby.. . So a week and a half...

View more questions Search