Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria2day Posts: 94, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 08:35 AM
    How to convert pdf to a fillable form
    How can I make a pdf file that I received in my email fillable? It is a job application and Id like it to look nice. I have Office 2003 Professional and Adobe Reader 8.0
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 26, 2008, 08:51 AM
    You can't with what you have. What you need is a utility like OmniForm which can scan a document and make it into a fillable form.

You might also look into PaperPort. It comes with a FormTyper utility that does a similar thing.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 01:52 PM
    The full version of Acrobat will work as well. You don't have to turn it into a true form though.
    Just Annotate with a text tool if you just have to do it once.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 07:06 PM
    There is an app that can do that now, it's called Able2Extract - it will convert your pdf file to a word doc so you can edit through word

Convert PDF to Excel, Word with Able2Extract PDF Converter. Free Trial. Able2Extract

Jan 27, 2008, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83
    there is an app that can do that now, it's called Able2Extract - it will convert your pdf file to a word doc so you can edit through word

Convert PDF to Excel, Word with Able2Extract PDF Converter. Free Trial. Able2Extract
    Have you tried it? Its my experience that such apps don't work well with heavily formatted documents like forms.
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 09:43 PM
    I tried it when I first got it as a must have app to make sure it was worth the time and the PDF that I had tried worked fine - once converted it opened office word with the editabel document and then I was able to save as pdf, word etc//
    I did not try a Huge pdf file, but at first look and experience it worked nicely

Jan 28, 2008, 06:37 AM
    What was the document you converted like? I'm sure it works fine on a plain letter but a form is a different matter with a lot of lines, spacing issues, different fonts, etc. Its not the size of the PDF that matters it's the way its formatted. I've used Nuance PDF Converter and it does a great job with straight text, but when you through in a lot of formatting, it loses it.

Since the OP is dealing with a job application it really needs to look EXACTLY like the paper application. That's why I think using a utility like Form Typer, which adds a layer on top of the scanned form or PDF for the typed in text,is a better option.
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 05:58 PM
    I suppose Omni page would be the best bet in this situation, lots of good points to consider when chooing one that will work for a particular situation. Ominpage has worked well also for myself
    sveta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maria2day
    How can I make a pdf file that I received in my email fillable? It is a job application and Id like it to look nice. I have Office 2003 Professional and Adobe Reader 8.0
    I used to have the same problem two years ago when I was applying to college. I am international student so it`s more appropriate to print my information instead of writing it by hand. My handwriting is horrible and sometimes unreadable. On-line PDF form Filler, Editor, Type on PDF ; Fill, Print, Email, Fax and Export saved my life at that time. I use it all the time now filling my job applications. It`s really convenient because you don`t have to install any software and it`s cheap.
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2008, 08:42 PM
    Nice link, should be very useful, thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Form 1099 received, but do I report on Form 1040 or just Form 2106? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I'm hoping I can get some help on what to do with a 1099-MISC form I received from my employer that were for business expense reimbursements. I have read through some questions and answers already and based on them I'm going to file this as a Form 2106. The question is should I...

Convert word doc to PDF [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to convert a word document (Microsoft word 2003) through my pdf maker (adobe acrobat 7.0 Professional). When I open the pdf document, the font size seems larger and the pages are breaking where they shouldn't be. What am I doing wrong?

Convert word doc to pdf [ 3 Answers ]

I have converted a word document creating in a customsize of 6 X 9" to pdf using pdf maker. When I open my pdf document the page breaks are not the same as my word document. I have changed the page size in the pdf conversion settings and this doesn't seem to help. How can I get my pdf document...

Can you file more than one w2 form on one nys tax form or do you need additional forms? [ 1 Answers ]

We live in nys and my friend has had 3 different jobs throughout the year. Does he file all w2's on one form or have a form for each?

Convert pdf to txt or word [ 2 Answers ]

I have a web page I need to cut-paste into a discussion format. It is in .pdf format The page is 95%words (text), with just a small cartoon at the top which is unnecessary. I was at a computer at a college, and was able to save the page on a 3-1/2 floppy (in pdf format, of course. You cannot...

View more questions Search