Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angiepooh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 08:39 PM
    Hello question I have a morgan silver dollar 1884 with a special make?
    Please HeLP Hello question I have a morgan silver dollar 1884, pretty good condtion with a O or D above the D in Dollar what does that mean and what is it worth? Was my Dad's know he would want me to get what it's worth! Please HELP ME!:)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 17, 2010, 08:53 PM

Could be a "D" and that sounds like a mint mark. (Denver)

Collectors Corner "Mint Marks & Where to find them"
    tazimorandi Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2011, 11:53 PM
    A D means it was made in the Denver Mint, if it an O it was made in New Orleans. There were none minted at the Denver Mint in 1884 therefore it is an O.

Average condition for this coin is worth somewhere between $25-$35 dollars. If the condition is supurb, then values goes tremendously up from there. Condition has the main critria for any coin in collecting.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2011, 12:13 AM

Angiepooh- THE Silver dollar that you have , I have a couple questions for you on it ; FIRST I want to explain something on this;; From 1873 through 1885 there was some silver dollars that were minted and were called [TRADE DOLLARS and are stamped with this on the back side at the bottomcenter] these were minted to be used in Asiato compete with dollar size coinsof other countries. They wereleagle tender in the UNITED STATES,but when silver prices declined congress repeakled the provvision and authorized the
    treasuryto limit coinage to export demaned. [ in 1887 the treasury redeamed all trade dollars that were not mutilated;; the law that authorized trade dollars was repealed by congress in February 1887;; {NOW-
    what I need to know is ](DOES YOUR DOLLAR HAVE STAMPED ON THE BACK SIDE AT THE BOTTOM _-----
    TRADE DOLLAR} {IF IOT Don't THEN IT IS THE REGULAR SILVER DOLLARS THAT WERE MINTED AFTER ---
    ON THESE COIJS THE MINT MARKS ARE AS FLLOWS::- 1884-no mint mark][ 1884CC[CARSON CITY];; ---
    1884 D-DENVER;; 1884 O - NEW ORLEANS;;] ANGIEE- This is sa little information for you to look for and
    know exactly what you do have ;; NOTE - IF you will go to this site -it's on this site and floow the instructions there ,you will be able to comwe pretty close to the condition and grade of the coin;; { GO TO -
    http://www.acoin.com/grading.htm OR you can go to the very first at the top ofg the page of [COLLECTABLES;; ITS CALLED { STICKEYS} IF YOU GET ME THE CONDITION AND GRADE OF THE COIN ,THEN I COULD GIVE YOUTHE VALUE Of IT PRETTY CLOSE ;; I HOPE WHAT I GAVE YOU FOR A ANSWER WILL HELP YOU OUT IF NOT COME BACK AND LET ME KNOW;; HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND A BETTER TOMORROW AND BLESS GOD :: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1900 "O" Morgan Silver Dollar. Possible Monetary Value? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, All, Especially Flying Blue Eagle! What would the possible monetary value of a 1900 "O" Morgan Silver Dollar be? I think that the graded condition of it would be Good to Very Good. However, I think that I need some advice about that. Thanks!

1884-o morgan dollar how can I tell its value [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1884-O Morgan dollar not in mint condition. How can I tell what its worth and where is the best place to sell it?

Worth 1884 Morgan Silver Dollar? [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 1884 Morgan silver dollar in very good condition could you tell me what it is worth and where do I can go to sell? Thanks.

1884 morgan dollar coin [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 1884 morgan dollar coin (not in mint condition). Does it worth anything?

1884 Dollar Coin [ 5 Answers ]

I have an 1884 dollar that has no d stamped onit and has a dark colloration and barely touched coul you tell me anything about it I have a lot of rare money FBE

View more questions Search