Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Oct 4, 2014, 06:42 AM
    Cell Phones
    I have Blue Tooth in the car and I purchased a NoN Android phone from Tracfone.
    They told me that, that phone will not work in the car? The cheap flip one that I have now works okay. Are they blowing smoke?

PS When I told them to cancel, they told me that they had already gotten my number from AT@T and that I needed to
    buy their phone from them or lose my number. That is really funny as they said it takes any where from 2 to 4 days
    to get the number and I requested a cancel in like 10 minutes.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 4, 2014, 06:44 AM
    If the phone doesn't have Bluetooth, then it won't work.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 4, 2014, 08:04 AM
    The phone either has, or does not have Bluetooth, Many of the cheaper phones do not.

Oct 4, 2014, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    The phone either has, or does not have Bluetooth, Many of the cheaper phones do not.
    Like I said my present phone is a cheap phone purchased from AT&T, it certainly is not an Android Smart Phone so it looks like Tracfone wants to sell Androids.

Oct 4, 2014, 09:43 AM
    Doesn't matter. Just because a phone is a smart phone doesn't mean it includes BlueTooth. Bluetooth is a protocol for connectiing devices to other devices. Have you checked the settings on the phone to see if there is an option for turning on Bluetooth? Did you try to pair with your car device?

Oct 4, 2014, 02:42 PM
    Thanks Scott, I have decided to stay with AT&T and purchase their paid plan. Since I only want a phone for emergencies in and out of the car, they offer a 1 year plan with 1,000 minutes for $100 dollars. Not sure if the unused minutes roll over when you purchase the 2nd year but should be more than enough if they don't roll over. No need to get a new phone either, since mine works okay in the car.

Oct 5, 2014, 06:45 AM
    I use an ATT Go-Phone. My current phone is a Nokia 635 Windows phone. I use it primarily for emergencies as well. I pay $.10 per minute for calls, $.20 per text and I have to purchase $25 every three months so that the minutes rollover. So it costs me a little over $100/yr. This gets me 1000 minutes as well. So it sounds like the plans are similar. I almost never go over the $25. Currently I have a balance of over $50 with 2 months to go before I have to renew. This plan works great for me. I don't have a data plan, but the phone has WiFi, more importantly it has GPS so as long as I have downloaded Maps of the area (they are free) I can track my way. This has been invaluable when walking around in unfamiliar areas.

There are a few things I wish the Windows Store had (most notably a Quicken app and one for my bank), but otherwise I've been very happy with it,

Oct 5, 2014, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    I use an ATT Go-Phone. My current phone is a Nokia 635 Windows phone. I use it primarily for emergencies as well. I pay $.10 per minute for calls, $.20 per text and I have to purchase $25 every three months so that the minutes rollover. So it costs me a little over $100/yr. This gets me 1000 minutes as well. So it sounds like the plans are similar. I almost never go over the $25. Currently I have a balance of over $50 with 2 months to go before I have to renew. This plan works great for me. I don't have a data plan, but the phone has WiFi, more importantly it has GPS so as long as I have downloaded Maps of the area (they are free) I can track my way. This has been invaluable when walking around in unfamiliar areas.

There are a few things I wish the Windows Store had (most notably a Quicken app and one for my bank), but otherwise I've been very happy with it,
    Sounds great. I do not text nor do I want anyone texting me. Don't respond to calls that I get that way. The only thing that I may have to do one day is get a new phone. Doesn't GPS and WiFi burn up a lot of minutes?

Oct 5, 2014, 09:44 AM
    Nope, none at all. Does run down the battery though.

Oct 5, 2014, 12:12 PM
    Very interesting. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cell Phones [ 8 Answers ]

How do I convince my mom into getting me a cell phone? I literally am the only kid in school without a phone. I want the Voyager from Verizon and my Dad has a 15% discount because of where he works! Now he said yes but only if it is OK with your mom. Uggggh well guess what. It wasn't. So I would...

Cell Phones [ 2 Answers ]

Hello,How do I find out who is calling my cellphone private?

Cell phones [ 2 Answers ]

How do I know that a cell phone is unlocked? I purchased one that was supposedly unlocked but I cannot connect to my active service provider.

Cell Phones [ 1 Answers ]

How can you identify who a phone number belongs to if it is listed to a cell phone? Is there a way to ID the caller or trace who the number is assigned to? I receive calls from numbers that I do not know and I have tried a reverse look-up with programs such as "Anywho" with no luck. Is anyone...

View more questions Search