Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    widepart Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 11:08 AM
    17 inch 16X9 display
    I have an Acer 9410 laptop with a 16 x 9 ratio 17 inch display; many web pages don't display well... the text overlaps other text and makes it hard or impossible to read.

I've tried various resolutions and font sizes but nothings seems to help. This happens in both Firefox and IE.

Is there a setting I'm missing or is this just that the pages aren't designed for letterbox displays.

Thank you,

Widepart
    919263 Posts: 6, Reputation: -2

Feb 13, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by widepart
    I have an Acer 9410 laptop with a 16 x 9 ratio 17 inch display; many web pages don't display well.......the text overlaps other text and makes it hard or impossible to read.

I've tried various resolutions and font sizes but nothings seems to help. This happens in both Firefox and IE.

Is there a setting I'm missing or is this just that the pages aren't designed for letterbox displays.

Thank you,

Widepart
    Did you have this problem from the get go on this machine?
    If this issue started a little while back (<60 days), try to restore the OS to a date when you knew that the display was working OK.
    Go to the Acre site, and download the Display drivers for the machine and reinstall the drivers.
    Does this issue occur for all web sites?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Riding Mower 23 Kohler hp 24 inch deck [ 11 Answers ]

I recently went out to mow my lawn with this otherwise reliable machine. I pulled the PTO clutch switch to engage the blades. They started to rotate and I was on my way, for about 30 seconds and then the blades stopped rotating. The motor runs perfectly yet the drive unit for the blade belt does...

3 Inch Cleanout Threads Rusted [ 1 Answers ]

I can not get a new 3 inch cap to screw into my cast iron clean out opening. I cleaned tit with a dremmel wire brush and WD40. Still a new plug will not start, the old plug will start and go in a ways. Is there a way of repairing these threads or are thiere different thread tyoes? The pipe was...

27 inch zenith TV that won't turn on [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 27 inch Zenith TV that will not turn on.I can hitbthe power button and it clicks like it wants to come on but it won't.Can someone tell me what's wrong?Thanks Dei2007

1 1/4 inch fittings won't fit 1 1/4 pipe [ 1 Answers ]

The pvc nipple on the intake of my shallow well pump was leaking. I cut the 1 1/4 inch pipe and was going to couple in a new nipple. The coupling would not fit the old pipe. It is white 1 1/4 " and so is my replacement pipe. I showed it to three different hardware stores and none of them could...

2 inch adapter for lav sink? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm putting in a pedestal sink but the old lav p-trap goes from the standard 1 1/2 inch or 1 1/4 inch (tailpiece connection) to a 2 inch female pipe thread connection. A piece of galvanized 2 inch pipe (male threads) then connects to the drain in the wall. All of the nice chrome drains these...

View more questions Search