Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobbiemc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2019, 08:30 AM
    I have water leaking from under a wall in the center of my house I am on a cement sl
    My house is on a cement slab. I have water seeping out from behind a wall in the center of my home. There is a small room with toilet and sink (powder room) the wall we have checked and there is no leaking from that area. I have vinyl in that area and this morning I noticed the water seeping from under the base board in the kitchen under kitchen cabinets. Who do I call to get help? We bought this house in 1981 and never had this to happen before. House was built in 1970 I am in North Carolina I am a 71 year old widow of 20 years Help would be appreciated to whom I might contact please

I really don't know what category this falls under besides Water inside unwanted area, MY HOME
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 9, 2019, 09:40 AM
    I'd start by calling a local plumber and have him isolate the issue to either COLD water or HOT water or HEAT lines. Once you know which pipe is leaking you can decide whether to locate the leaking pipe using a local LEAK DETECTION COMPANY, or to run a new thermoplastic pipe above slab and simply eliminate the broken pipe.

Make sense?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside rain water in dirt leaking into house on slab and wall [ 2 Answers ]

When it rains my planters flood and water leaks into house on concrete slab and wall. How to seal joint at foundation

Retaining wall in basment leaking at the inside bottom corner of my new house [ 0 Answers ]

I have a new house (2 years hold) split level built on a small hill (on the declining slope). A retaining wall was built in the basement. For the past 8/9 months I have noticed clean water seeping into the basement whenever there is a heavy down pour. We (my husband and I) are scared that our...

Water leaking into house side wall [ 1 Answers ]

Our house has 2 floors. On the first floor, I see wall facing the outside of the house having wet patches. The water seems to be coming from above somewhere, but not from the roof of the house, because there is no such patches anywhere on the 2nd floor. I have already fixed the gutter that I...

Cutting a doorway into a center support wall in the basement (cement block) [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to cut a 4 ft hole into my basements center support wall. This wall is cement block, and spans 40 ft down the center of my house. Above it are perpendicular floor beams that are 25 ft long. There is one doorway already cut towards the center of the wall, and that is 4 ft wide. I...

View more questions Search