Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emilyt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2009, 05:28 PM
    How can a mom react when a grown daughter talks rude to her
    My daughter has movedhome twice after each divorce. We have let her come back each time. She is going through a very difficult period. But she can be rude, disrespectful, and; its like she boards with us but not involved in our life at all. She works 3 jobs. But her attitude to me is hurtful, we both suffer from depression. How can I handle this. I am very sensitive which doesn't help me
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2009, 05:29 PM

Some kids come home as a boarder, I would assume she is paying rent, What level of involvement do you want.

But it is very easy, merely tell her to move out
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Nov 29, 2009, 06:10 PM
    While it is never easy to have adult children move back into the home under these circumstances, it doesn't sound to me as though she is planning on staying very long. If she is working three jobs, she must have some sort of plan in place to be independent as soon as possible.

She is going through a difficult time as you said, and you are both adjusting to living with each other again. You are both depressed people. Sometimes I wonder how people keep their heads above water with all the stress that weighs them down.

You need to talk to her in a calm moment, just the two of you. If it were me, I would tell her that while I appreciate her working three jobs to get ahead and move on with her life, you really need her to be more aware of how her behaviour affects you, when she is rude and disrespectful. See if you can find common ground and an understanding of how long she is planning to stay.

If you know that in another month she'll be in her own place, it will make life that much easier, because there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How would you react if your daughter told you she was pregnant? [ 24 Answers ]

How would you react to your 19 year old daughter coming home and telling you that she is pregnant by the boyfriend you hate. She works but still lives at home. Also she has just had surgery on her knee so it most propbably isn't the bes of timing but how would you react?

My boyfriend has a daughter and he still talks to his ex that abandoned their child [ 8 Answers ]

So I am 21 years old and I am dating a guy who is 26 with a 4 year old daughter. He is just wonderful and so is his daughter. There are just a few problems. I never thought I would date a guy who had a child. It's OK, I don't mind. It's kind of scary sometimes. We kind of jumped into things. We...

I have been ignored by my grown up daughter for nearly a year [ 14 Answers ]

I am a divorced parent have been on my own for quite a few years now. My ex left me and my 2 children then aged 7 and 11. I struggled to bring the children up did not get any or much help from the father. Anyway to cut a long story short I lost my son at the tender age of 21 it was a party that...

Daughter talks back [ 9 Answers ]

My 12year old daughter backs talks me doesn't listen to me we fight all the what can I do? I'm am the mother

Grown daughter [ 31 Answers ]

I have a grown married daughter who left the country 2 years ago. She seems to have become very distant since she and her husband started their family. Our telephone conversations are fine, but our visits are stressful. I think she feels that she has to prove to her husband that she is strong and...

View more questions Search