Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ericmorin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2005, 09:31 AM
    What the heck is this?
    I got a picture of a rough-in for a basement bathroom and there is a really weird plug in the floor right behind the toilet stub. See the picture.
    Does anyone know what heck this is?
    It looks like someone messed up to me. When unscrew the cap off, it does drain to something..

Thanks, eric
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 5, 2005, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ericmorin
    I got a picture of a rough-in for a basement bathroom and there is a really weird plug in the floor right behind the toilet stub. See the picture.
    Does anyone know what heck this is?
    It looks like someone messed up to me. when unscrew the cap off, it does drain to something..

Thanks, eric
    Looks like you have a floor level clean out installed, or if you have a older home it could be the top of a drum trap for the tub. Regards, Tom
    jda Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2005, 10:31 AM
    Hi Eric,

Here in Portugal all toilets and bathrooms have that. I'm not completely sure to what it is though! :D
    But I'd bet it's something in the likes of the "floor level clean out" speedball1 mentioned, not a "mess up"! ;)

Cheers,
    JDA

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What the heck is in makari [ 15 Answers ]

Curios as anyone, what are the ingredients of makari, hydroquinine?

What the heck? Invalid Drive E:\ [ 1 Answers ]

In response to another post (yes, I'm just too anxious to respond with the answer that I couldnt' wait for sufficient priv's to reply with the answer) regarding installing JDK and getting an invalid drive error.. Scenario: - my My Documents is mapped to h:\ at the office - I have my laptop...

What the heck? [ 16 Answers ]

I've posted about this before, but here is a recap: Dated/lived together for over a year. She felt she needed a break, moved out, asked me not to see other people as she wouldn't either. At X-mas time I catch her on a date. Things get ugly, she tells me to never contact her ever again. ...

What the heck? Invalid Drive E:\ [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, so I am trying to download java onto my computer because I need it for my web page building software. However, every time to go to download java, I get a message "Invalid Drive E:\" Well, I don't even have an E: drive, at least I don't think so, I have been going nuts on how to fix this...

What in the heck do I have here? [ 14 Answers ]

Hey, I just stumbled across this forum and I think I have reached nirvana! I am finishing my basement and have reached the point of finishing my bathroom. It was "stubbed" by the builder, but I just don't know what each pipe is for. I have posted a pic here:...

View more questions Search