Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cft133 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2007, 01:47 PM
    HPV, how the heck?
    HI, My doctor has diagonsed me with HPV. I am very confused about this. My husband and I have been together since we were 14 and have had no sexual contact with anyone else. How then did I get it, if it is only spread through sexual cotnact? My doctor upset me by suggesting that my husband may have been with someone else. I ask that you take me word in that is is Definitely not the case! Any ideas??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 01:48 PM
    I take your word for it, but it is a sexually transmitted disease. He does need to be tested.

Feb 2, 2007, 01:52 PM
    I agree that he should be tested, but assuming he has it, how did WE get it??
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 01:54 PM
    You are 100% sure that he has NEVER been with anyone else in his life? EVER, NEVER, NO WAY?

Feb 2, 2007, 01:57 PM
    NO WAY!!

One thing that has crossed by mind is that my husband was a wrestler for 8 years. Being that when they wrestle they have very close contact, yes even in the genetal area, might this be a possible cause. There is definitely an opportunity for skin to skin contact.

I do appreciate your comments ; )
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 02:21 PM
    You may want to have your doc do a biopsy of the lesions when you get them.

HPV as described by Mosby's Dictionalry of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professionals 7th Edition:

Is "a virus that is the cause of common warts of the hands and feet, as well as lesions of the mucous membranes of the oral, anal, and genital cavities. More than 50 types of HPV have been identified, some of which are associated with cancerous and precancerous conditions. The virus can be transmitted throught sexual contact, and specific types of the virus are a precursor to cancer of the cervix. Transmission has taken place without the presence of warts, indicating that it may occur through the body fluids, such as semen or cervical secretions. There is no specific cure of an HPV infection, but the virus often can be controlled by podophyllin or interferon and the warts can be removed by cryosurgery, laser treatment, or conventional surgery."

I believe you need to sit down and have a heart-to-heart with your husband.

Feb 2, 2007, 03:08 PM
    I can see how it is hard to believe. I am 100% confindent in BOTH of our monogamy. I could write a novel on our commitment to each other, but obviously it would not matter. No one would believe us anyway, and there is no was to prove THE TRUTH! I am not angry at you, but rather the medical community in general. Something is missing. Maybe there is more research needs to be done.
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 03:17 PM
    This is why I suggested having a lesion biopsied if you are so intensley sure that he has never ever done anything behind your back.

Just a thought, is there a possibility that he was abused as a youngster but has repressed the memory?
    FLORENCE1085 Posts: 46, Reputation: 6

Aug 18, 2008, 12:39 PM
    Have you ever kissed a guy who has been with other people? If you are right that you have never been with anyone but your man and he has been the same... here is an idea... if you kiss a guy who ate out a girl with hpv you could get hpv... there is hpv of the mouth but I am not sure about it. I also have hpv but don't worry about it. Just live your life and don't worry about your hunny. Most doctors just think that people cheat to get it... screw them and who cares where it came from... just take care of urslef!
    Britney12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2011, 04:58 PM
    Aren't all warts caused by HPV? If that is the case then someone doesn't have to be cheating to get it. You touch hands with someone who has a wart that may be opened a little and you can get it.
    If it was only transmitted via sexual contact then how do little kids get it?
    It is a sexually transmitted infection but it is not only sexually transmitted.
    Get him tested and go from there :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

? About HPV [ 1 Answers ]

If someone is diagnosed as having HPV, does that mean that they automatically have genital warts? Or can you be diagnosed with HPV and not have genital warts? I thought that I read somewhere that only 2 strains of HPV actually caused genital warts... :confused:

HPV and epididymitis [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hello~ Does anyone know if HPV causes epididymitis? My brother had a g/f for a long time and they recently broke up and now he cannot get rid of epididymitis. Just wondering if the two are related at all. Please help!

Hpv And Brown Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I Was Determine To Have Hpv Last Year And Precancerous Cells And Was Treated And Last Pap Was Normal . Now Am Having Dark Brown Bleeding And Bleeding During Sex And Bowel Movement. Could I Be Pregnant Or Precancerous Cells Have Return?PLEASE HELP

What in the heck do I have here? [ 14 Answers ]

Hey, I just stumbled across this forum and I think I have reached nirvana! I am finishing my basement and have reached the point of finishing my bathroom. It was "stubbed" by the builder, but I just don't know what each pipe is for. I have posted a pic here:...

What the heck is this? [ 2 Answers ]

I got a picture of a rough-in for a basement bathroom and there is a really weird plug in the floor right behind the toilet stub. See the picture. Does anyone know what heck this is? It looks like someone messed up to me. When unscrew the cap off, it does drain to something.. Thanks, eric

View more questions Search