Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamesi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Slow drain in sink bathroom
    What can I do about a sink drain in my bathroom that the water will not drain I tried to snake it but the auger won't run through the line
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Jan 9, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Do you have kids with small toys? Open the sink trap and hopefully the jam is there its and easy fix. If not call a plumber he/she will have better snakes heads.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 09:08 AM
    First, I would remove the pop-up. To do this, loosen the pop-up nut under the sink and pull back on the rod... this will disengage the stopper (pop-up) and allow you to pull the stopper up and out of the sink. This is one of the most common places to find all kinds of muck/hair, etc. Then with your thumb over the nut hole under the sink... run the water... is it better now..? If not, then the problem is further down the drain... say at the trap. Here, there should be a nut to loosen and maybe allow gunk to fall into bowl after nut is loosened... some people snake the drain through this nut.. it works OK most of the time... just know that if it is a PVC trap, be careful not to strip the threads of the nut hole... hopefully this will help a little.. :) Let me know how it works out!! Please RATE MY ANSWER if this was helpful!! Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Copper sink drain too slow, not clogged which type drain is best [ 2 Answers ]

We just refinished bathroom with double vanity copper sinks. They have a flat grid drain in the bottom, not vented. Is there a different drain that would allow the water to drain easier? We have to swirl water or stir water to get it to begin draining, like there is a suction...

Slow bathroom sink drain [ 1 Answers ]

Recently we remodeled our third floor bathroom which involved relocating the sink, toilet and tub. Since the remodeling, our new bathroom sink doesn't drain properly. At times it fills up and then slowly drains out, other times it works fine. (The toilet and tub drain fine and they are all...

Slow sink in upstairs bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Water is slow going down put in Mr. Plumber liquid several times and soesn't seem to help

Upstairs bathroom sink slow drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, again I am at my end with this sink... but still can't afford a plumber! It is the only drain in the house that has this problem. I just tried using my hose and a small nozzel to put high pressure water through the drain in an attempt to unclog it... well here is the funny thing......

View more questions Search