Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    K1ngP1n300 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2006, 10:17 PM
    What Media Program will read an ISO file straight from a PC
    What I really need is a Media Player that will play a .ISO file (A DVD Movie) straight from my PC. I am going to IRAQ and want to take some movies with me over there. Vice taking the Hard DVD's. Anyone have any idea?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 16, 2006, 06:15 AM
    An IUSO file is not a necessarily a digital move. ISO are direct copies of disks and are used to create disks from the image.

Do a search on ISO files for more info and possible tools.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2006, 07:01 AM
    I use Magic ISO: http://www.magiciso.com/index.htm
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2006, 04:09 AM
    Wow you disagree a lot.

Bottom line is that you cannot play an ISO directly in any media player. You cannot do ANYTHING with an ISO other than extract it somewhere.

Bye.

Aug 17, 2006, 06:18 AM
    If it didn't help its because you didn't follow instructions. I suggested you do a WEB search. When I did, the first hit was a Wikipedia entry that explained what an ISO is and included info about tools.

Because an ISO is an image file, you have to "mount" it as a virtual drive. So your system thinks it's the actual disk. From there you can use any software to compatible with the files in the image.

Now maybe, you'll give a more appropriate comment, since your previous comment was incorrect.
    schmithi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 09:28 AM
    Hi,

This might help you. http://www.isobuster.com/isobuster.php

Like NeedKarma said before, you cannot play any ISO directly and you still have to extract the data on your HD. At least you save the money to burn it onto DVDs, but "waste" a lot of hard drive space.

Aug 18, 2006, 10:50 AM
    Sigh, quick to put down people who tried to help, but when it comes to apologizing for their error, they disappear.
    abasoul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2012, 06:12 AM
    Yes, Western Digital TV Live plays it straight away!
    http://wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Straight eyelashes [ 19 Answers ]

:confused: Any advice on how to keep my eyelashes curled. I use an eyelash curler but after I put on mascara they get weighted down and go straight again. I've tried every kind of curler (even Heated) and all types of mascaras- cheap, expensive, lenthening and thickening. What am I doing wrong?

Straight or gay? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 14 years old and ia

Can I get something straight? [ 11 Answers ]

All right, I have heard a few things, if anyone can clarify it would be most appreciated. Is one considered to still be a virgin as long as they have not had an orgasm as the result of penetration, or is any sexual activity resulting in an orgasm considered sex and therefore= loss of virginity?...

File coversion for media extenders [ 4 Answers ]

My dlink dsm320 supports mpeg, avi, and xvid. Just wondering what the difference between the different formats are, and what you guys are recommending. I plan on ripping my dvds (im currently using dvd decryptor and dvd shirnk) to my hard drive so I can use the dlink in 1 room and my xbox in...

Unable to read file header message when attempting to open jpeg attachments [ 7 Answers ]

I have been unable to open jpeg files that are attached to email for several days! I have tried both Thunderird and Outlook Express and have disabled the block on attachments. No luck! The problem seemed to start when I attempted to load WinFax Pro and had an incomplete installation then when...

View more questions Search