Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    086 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Is this too harsh?
    There is this guy that I dated a couple of times 7 months back, but distance made us drift apart. Distance is no longer an issue, but he now has a girlfriend who I hear he wants to break up with, but feels guilty about.
    This guy, seems to act confident and loud, but when it comes to confronting a problem or issue, he would just rather not deal with it. He seems to need a lot of encouragement or reassurance as well.. reflecting back, all the times we dated he would say something like, "let me know when u are free", "give me a call, I should be free most of the time" etc
    Which annoyed me because I felt like I was doing all the work!

Anyway, he sends and forwards me jokes, emails etc all the time now, maybe an attempt to keep in touch or something?

It hurts me that he is still in touch with me when he has a girlfriend that he wants to break up with, so I want to tell him something like "can u stop forwarding me emails"
    Is this too harsh?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 9, 2008, 06:21 PM
    No
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 12, 2008, 12:20 AM
    Nope, not harsh at all. Also, every email program I've ever used had a "junk email" list. Click on one of his emails and then click on the "this is spam" or "this is junkmail" and then every single email from that person will go straight to the trash and you'll never see it.

Problem solved.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2008, 12:52 AM
    No, it's not harsh at all. And you are a wise girl not to want to be a part of someone who currently has a girlfriend, who implies he wants to break up with her, but yet, still wants to keep you in the loop.

If you don't want to tell him to stop, just delete his emails and don't reply, he will get the hint.

You don't want someone like this as a friend or a boyfriend. You want someone that will be straight up with you and won't want you to contact him when you are free.

Good for you for not wanting to be a part of his game.
    Klad Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 02:39 PM
    No, It is not to Harsh
    But what it sounds like is that now that you guys don't have any distance between you, he probably wants to go out with you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get over the harsh words? [ 14 Answers ]

I just recently broke up with a guy that I was seeing for 6 months. There were many reasons I broke up with him. The main reasons were that his parents were pushing him and I to getting married (go figure he is a successful lawyer but completely attached to the umbilical cord) and they were very...

Harsh ride on accord [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have a solution for the harsh ride on a 2006 honda accord? Handles & maneuvers great but handles bumps like a buckboard. Thanks noboat

Pregnant, Father Can't Be Traced, A Harsh Lesson? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I wonder if anyone can give some positive advice. I am pregnant with my first child (4 weeks) after a one night stand. The father-to-be don't know for a number of reasons. 1) He is living in Holland, but travels 9 months of the year working for exhibitions hall for a company with his...

A little harsh. [ 47 Answers ]

HARSH YOU SAY? There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, all government business will be conducted in our language. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here. Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold...

Bubbling toilet w/ harsh smell [ 2 Answers ]

This is my first post so Im not sure where this belongs. I just thought plumbing is fitting. We recently finished off our basement with a full bathroom. About 4 months later the toilet seems to be bubbling and gurgling seemingly out of nowhere. This will sometime produce a horrible smell and...

View more questions Search