Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cry5tal6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 11:46 PM
    Open Gimp files
    Someone sent me an email with what are called gimp files, I downloaded gimp to see if there was any to view theses photos, is there any way to do this.
    cry5tal6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 11:49 PM
    Openning Gimp files
    Someone sent me an containing what are gimp files, I downloaded gimp to see if I could possibly use the file names to open and see the photos, is there a way to get these files to my computer, or a way to input the files names in gimp and open even though they aren't on my computer, Not computer savvy as you can see by my question, please help if you can thanks.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Jun 20, 2012, 07:08 AM
    GIMP, or GNU Image Manipulation Program is a open source program for editing or manipulating photographs, capable of saving files in over a dozen formats. What is the file extension of the files you are wanting to open? The file extension is the part after the "." in the file name so "photo.jpg would be a JPG file.
    Most file formats written by GIMP can be read by some other program, however there are a few that are primarily opened by GIMP. If you have GIMP installed on your computer you can open the m therough the file open duologue in GIMP
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2012, 07:24 AM
    What is the file extension of the files you received?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't open files [ 1 Answers ]

Hey... while ago I had a problem with my computer so I installed windows again, then my computer used to work normal like a new computer.. but then again I had this problem that none of the mouse, drivers and etc worked so I installed windows again now everything works excpet I can't open any...

I can't open my files [ 2 Answers ]

On my laptop I can't open my applications and it tells me to open it with... and it gives me a list

.that files - how to open [ 3 Answers ]

I received an e-mail with .dat files. They are photos. I cannot open. Suggestions?

How to open Files [ 3 Answers ]

How do I open a .dat file in Windows Vista?

Can't open files [ 1 Answers ]

I can't open files by double-clicking them from folders, though I can through the different softwares.

View more questions Search