Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mfalzon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 07:05 PM
    Pain in lower right back side, accompanied by nausea and fever
    I started feeling a sharp pain in my lower right back/side at 5am this morning that woke me from sleep. I took two advils and fell asleep by 6am. In the morning I felt OK. I showered and went to work. Around mid morning I started feeling the pain again. I started to feel a wave a nausea around 11:45. When I got up from my desk and walked to get food from the food court I felt nauseous and light-headed.
    I came home and slept for several hours. When I no long felt nausea at around 2:30 pm I got up and ate soup and half of a tuna sandwich and started trying to do work from home. At around 6pm I started to get chills and feel feverish. I went back to bed until 9pm, at which time I woke up feeling extremely overheated.
    I still have the back pain when I move, but if I lay still in bed I cannot feel it.
    Please tell me what this could be.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 09:30 PM
    There are many posts that sound like your symptoms, I have answered many of them-I think you have kidney stones- you need an x-ray of your kidneys and ureters. Have you had any blood in your urine?
    mandolyn Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mfalzon
    I started feeling a sharp pain in my lower right back/side at 5am this morning that woke me from sleep. I took two advils and fell asleep by 6am. In the morning I felt ok. I showered and went to work. Around mid morning I started feeling the pain again. I started to feel a wave a nausea around 11:45. When I got up from my desk and walked to get food from the food court I felt nauseous and light-headed.
    I came home and slept for several hours. When I no long felt nausea at around 2:30 pm I got up and ate soup and half of a tuna sandwhich and started trying to do work from home. At around 6pm I started to get chills and feel feverish. I went back to bed until 9pm, at which time I woke up feeling extremely overheated.
    I still have the back pain when I move, but if I lay still in bed I cannot feel it.
    Please tell me what this could be.
    I hope you have gone to the doctor for this because I feel that you really should.
    The symptoms you are describing could be kidney issues or appendicitis, which needs to be taken care of right away.
    ShyGirl07 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Sep 24, 2007, 02:21 AM
    You may be pregnant? With the syptoms you are describing.
    smjames Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2009, 01:11 AM
    I have the same symptons. They keep saying I have sludge in my gallbladder, but won't remove it. I'm 25 now, and have been dealing with this for almost 7 years. I'm at the end of my rope. I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes I seriously consider hurting myself on that side, not stabbing but falling or hitting it, to MAKE the doctors find something. This has seriously crippled my life, from my marriage, sex drive, depression, and even work. I gain weight because it hurts to walk too long. It's horrible and I really hope you find out what it is.

For the record I've had 4 upper/colonoscopys, two HIDA scans, and countless x-rays, blood work, and ultra sounds.
    Jennifer7133 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 04:18 PM
    You have a kidney infection. I've had the same feelings & that's what I had. Go to your dr & tell them you think that's what you have they'll do a urinalysis. & give you meds. :)
    iloveshaun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2012, 09:13 AM
    Hi I'm a 25 year old female and I have had a slight pain in my right side above my hip going up into my back to just under my ribs I have also been feeling feverish and nausea I have also been loose whilst going to the toilet I went my out of hours this afternoon they just said they think it may be a kidney stone and gave me co-codamol has anybody else experienced this x
    1k3k7s Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2013, 02:44 AM
    No

May 15, 2013, 02:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1k3k7s View Post
    no
    Slight temp

May 15, 2013, 02:45 AM
    slight temp
    No

May 15, 2013, 02:48 AM
    slight temp
    Feel slightly warm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lower Left Back and Side Pain [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone – I am having some odd symptoms and hope someone can lend some insight or have had similar experiences which they can share. Here’s the details; I have felt weak and sluggish in the past weeks, although feeling better now in that sense I have developed medium to intense level...

Pain in lower back. [ 3 Answers ]

Been having a constant pain in my right side. Kind of in my back. And lately been having the urge to go to the bathroom a lot more then usual. And when I have to go to the bathroom the pain get worse and it hurts bad enough to cry. And the pain spreads all over. It hurts to lay on my left side. And...

Pain in my lower right side of my back [ 4 Answers ]

Im female and I'm experiencing a pain in my lower right side of my back.and I don't think it's a kidney infection because it doesn't hurt when I go toilet.. my back hurts when I move about and it's a bruise type pain that affects me.. I haven injured my back or anything and I haven been playing...

Lower right side.periodic pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have been having peiodic pain in my lower right side right below my ribs, above my hip, and more towards my stomach than back. The feeling is almost cramp like. So anyhoo just wondering if this should be of concern? My liver, or kidneys, appendix?

Lower pelvic pain on left side that shoots down thigh [ 2 Answers ]

I am experiencing lower pelvic pain on my left side that shoots down my thigh sometimes. I also have lower back pain that is similar to back pain that comes right before my period.I have had this back pain for going on two weeks but the pelvic pain is new. I am on the pill so I should not be...

View more questions Search