Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    finncabena112 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 01:12 AM
    Our home here in Australia is not brick, can we still add another floor?
    Our home here in Australia is not brick, can we still add another floor?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 20, 2012, 03:43 AM
    This is governed by local building laws. You need to go to your local building department and inquire or speak to a local architect.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 24, 2012, 12:30 PM
    can we still add another floor?
    yes! This is doable. However, to find out if it's permitable follow ScottGems instructions. Good luck, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 24, 2012, 12:43 PM
    Is your home built on a slab or a footing? The foundation frequently determines if a second floor can be added.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to replace the still, center beam and all floor joists on brick ranch house [ 2 Answers ]

I have purchased a 1950s brick ranch house that I have gutted the interior on to find it needs a new sill plate, the center beam and all floor joists replaced. It also has a dirt floor crawl space which was wet, which caused the extensive rotting. This will be fixed once opened up with the proper...

How to attach a carport to brick home [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a carport(wood) it will be 10X30 and need to be attached to house which is brick. The question I have what would be the best way to support the house side ? The brick wall is exterior to garage and before I closed in garage several years ago I noticed that brick exterior wall was not...

Red brick home [ 1 Answers ]

My new construction red brick home built in July of 2008 has white spots on it. What can this be. It seems to be speading over the entire brick on the home.

1st and 2nd floor cold, third floor of home hot [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a town home. 3 levels-1 garage -built in 1991. The basement is cold, but the second floor is cooler than the basement. The third level (where the bedrooms are located) is so hot that I open up a window. We noticed that the vents in the basement and one vent in the master...

2nd floor or to add on, that is the dilemma? [ 2 Answers ]

I've got a little bitty 40x24 lake house that I want to add more living space to. What considerations would I need to look at if I was going to build up? Completely add a 2nd floor the same size. Is it general cheaper to build up or build out? :rolleyes: Thanks for any input. ...

View more questions Search