Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rickcsvdubs Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2006, 08:48 AM
    Hdd won't work after xp froze
    I went to install xp pro on a 40gb I have. I have installed xp many times without issue. While installing xp the installation froze. I was forced to turn off the PC. When I brought the PC back up the hdd is not responding. I installed xp on another drive and set the 40gb to slave. The drive is still not recognized. Anything I can do to get the drive back or has this freezing screwed me?
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Oct 10, 2006, 11:04 AM
    If I could hazard a guess, I would say the drive has failed, and did so during the install. I think the likely bad hard drive caused the freeze rather than the freeze caused a hard drive problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It won't work [ 2 Answers ]

My mp3 player uses napster and you hook it up and when I try to download it says no device detected Whys that

I have a murray 17.5 hp I think and the ignition won't work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a murray 17.5 mower and it won't start the when I turn the key nothing happens. The last time it worked it wouldn't start it would buzzzz or make a clicking noise and now it just doesn't do anything. If I out a pair of pliers on the 2 silinoid wires the starts moves but won't pop up to...

Husband won't work [ 8 Answers ]

My husband won't work right now either. He used to make a good salary. He has decided he is going to be a real estate agent. He has been one for 10 months and has contributed 4,000.00 to our expenses this year. We have financial responsibilities like two mortgages, cars, insurance, etc. and I have...

My boss won't let me come back to work. [ 4 Answers ]

I've been off work for a month due to surgery,the doctor gave me a note saying I can return to work but on light duty for the first two weeks. My boss won't let me return to work until I am all better. I am a cashier and most of my work is light duty type work, the heavy stuff has been done by...

My guide me.com site won't work [ 6 Answers ]

:-/ Can anyone tell me what can I do to find out why my guide me.com site won't work? I use the guide me.com chat through Yahoo and I keep getting the error page saying the page cannot be found and I may need to adjust my browser settings.. The main Yahoo site works fine for chat and the messenger...

View more questions Search