Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Troybilt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2005, 01:02 PM
    Troy-bilt mower and electric PTO clutch
    I am replacing the lower drive belt on my 23hp Troy-bilt pedal drive garden tractor. The last step in removing the belt is to remove the hex bolt from the center of the electric PTO clutch. When I try to loosen the hex bolt part of the electric clutch and the engine pulley turns at the same time.

What is the trick or secret in keeping these parts from turning with the hex bolt in order to loosen the bolt?

Thanks for any help.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2005, 01:31 PM
    Either hold the pulley itself to keep the pulley stack on the engine from moving, or have someone hold the flywheel guard or take the shroud off and take something safe to hold it or a friend to hold the flywheel itself, also what kind of transmission is in it, putting it in gear and leaving the clutch/brake off will hold it as well since the trans will be in gear, not allowing it to turn. I don't know either if it has a nut at the top of the bracket to hold on to, it may though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing Oil, Troy Bilt Riding Mower [ 5 Answers ]

I am ded3 and new at lawn care. I have a Troy Bilt riding mower and would Like to know where to drain the oil in order to change it as well as an easy Way to get to the spark plug. Can anyone help in simple language for Beginner?

Troy Bilt Riding MOwer (Bronco) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a troy bilt riding lawn mower (42 inches deck) bought last year. I am looking to put a bagger with chute on it. Do you know if a Craftsman bagger ( 6 Bushel 2 - Bin Hard Bagger for 42" Deck ) will fit? I know all most of the available mowers in the market are built by MTD, do the...

Troy Bilt Self Propelled Mower [ 8 Answers ]

I have a fairly new Troy Bilt self propelled mower. The propulsion system is not working properly. If the wheels are held off the ground they do turn but once they are set down, they do not propel the mower. I could take it in but then I wouldn't get it back for weeks. Any ideas for a "fix" I...

Troy Bilt Mower [ 8 Answers ]

Went into the garage to start the mower and nothing. Won't turn over or anything. Does that mean that battery is dead? It's about 11 months old. Troy Bilt Bronco 42" Twin-Blade Side Discharge Deck C.V.T. continuously variable transmission for simple speed shifting Cast iron front axle...

Troy-Bilt riding mower quits [ 2 Answers ]

My 1997 troy-bilt mower quits running when I disengage the break and/or engage the mower. I've been told it was a safety switch. Any tips..

View more questions Search