Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    springfall79 Posts: 12, Reputation: -1
    -

May 1, 2013, 01:12 PM
    How do I convince my mom and dad to let me move to another school instantly?
    So, I go to a school that I don't like! I always feel lost. I have no friends and no one ever wants to talk to me. I want to go to the school all of my friends were transferred to. (Once we graduate from our old school we're automatically transferred to another home school aka ''all of my graduates 6 years friends'') So my mom also told me that I was going to that school all my friends go to, but she said next school year. That's like 4 more months! I don't get bullied (fortunately) , but I don't fit in with anyone I just feel lost. Another reason why I want to move is because my 'so' called friend ditched me for another friend. She stopped talking to me and stop giving eye-contact. I was shunned. Now I don't have any friends. So I'm just asking you guys if you guys know how to let your parents confirm that you can go to another school instantly. Okay, thanks please give in reasonable answers. I really appreciate it if you took the time to give me answers! P.s I'm in the seventh grade :(

>Merged Threads<
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 1, 2013, 01:15 PM
    You tell her why you want to change and that's about all you can do. If your best friend in this school is shunning you what makes you think people in the new school won't?

Seventh grade is full of drama and people shunning each other. I'm sure that doesn't help you, but middle school is tough.

You attend school during the summer? You said 4 months.
    -

May 1, 2013, 01:18 PM
    How to stop a rumor?
    So my friend thinks I started the rumor, now the rumor was on the phone. So this is what happened - I was going to get ready for home time, I had left my locker opened with my blackberry, then I forget I had left my locker open with my phone, the next day I couldn't find my phone. After that day, I found my phone on the floor and I look at the call logs. Some one had called my friend and told her to die. Now everyone thought I was threatening her. But I wasn't! It was the person who stole my phone! Someone had stolen my phone and faked to be me! Now everyone thinks I started the rumor. And now everyone hates me and no one talks to me. How do I explain to the teachers that someone started the rumor but identified me? Please give me real answers I really appreciate it!
    -

May 1, 2013, 01:21 PM
    Well, I know everyone in the school I want to go to, I know they don't shun. I knew each and everyone of them for at least 5 years!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 1, 2013, 01:23 PM
    You just explain to the teacher what happened.
    -

May 1, 2013, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    You just explain to the teacher what happened.
    Thanks.

So, I have a friend she said that I started the rumor, now she hates me, she doesn't even look at me. One day she stop talking to me, takes 19 hours to reply to my text, doesn't look at me, becomes bossy. I want to be friends with her again but she doesn't want to, we've been through this already. I hate my life, nothing comes well.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2013, 01:45 PM
    Why allow others to control how you feel? That is a recipe for a ton of heartache in the future. You are in control of that. You decide in the morning that you are going to have a great day and I bet you will have a great day.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 1, 2013, 01:50 PM
    You told your parents about the phone when it was lost? You would have if they are paying for it. Having them tell the teacher that they knew you lost it will help a lot.

Please understand that we don't know the truth. We have to go by what you tell us. If you were fighting with your friend and said something you now regret, and are trying to cover yourself, say so. We don't know you so aren't here to judge. We can help either way.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 1, 2013, 04:56 PM
    Its to late to transfer I would think. And since you will transfer this fall, I think you just have to deal with the last weeks of this school year.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

May 1, 2013, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by springfall79 View Post
    Well, I know everyone in the school I want to go to, I know they don't shun. I knew each and everyone of them for atleast 5 years!
    Are you in the U.S. Are you in any clubs or sports?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2013, 06:21 PM
    I have mixed feelings about this one. I think sometimes, when things get tough, if we work through it we come out learning a lot and winning in the end. You're in a tough grade and sometimes, it just takes a while to work through that social awkwardness and find your crowd. Also, going to school with your old friends may not work out how you like - those kids have been making new friends all year in that school, and you may not be as close with them as you used to be.

The other concern I have is that friendships made at your age often drift apart in high school anyway. So, to me, barring bullying or other bad situations in your current school, I think it's better to stay where you are and make more of an effort to get involved in school and make friends.

If you do move, I'm guessing your parents want you to wait until a natural break in the school year. As a mom, I would make the same decision unless my child were subjected to abuse or something. If you just aren't fulfilled socially, accept Mom's decision and focus on yourself for the rest of the year. Maybe do a little experiment and assert yourself more than you normally would - ask someone to come over after school, or go up to the shopping mall with you. Join a sport or club. If things are dangerous or you are being bullied, tell mom the whole deal and ask her to move you sooner.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 1, 2013, 06:25 PM
    There is a very specific reason why OP doesn't like the school - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/middle...ly-746855.html

These threads need to be combined.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How Can I Convince My Parents Let Me Move School? [ 11 Answers ]

There isn't really a particular reason for this, but I just feel a bit lost at my school. I'm 12 years old and have recently gone up to secondary school, which I was told would be great! I have a few friends who love (as mates of course) me and would be very sad to see me go, but I just can't...

I want my nose pierced how can I convince/hide it from my mom and dad? [ 11 Answers ]

I want my nose pierced but my mum or dad won't go for it I need a way to convince them or hide it help?

How do I move with my mom when my dad had custody of me? [ 4 Answers ]

I've been living wiith my dad for many years now. And ever since I have, I've wanted to live with my mom.My mom and dad have been divorced since I was about 1. I love my dad and my step mom is OK, but I'm a mommys girl and having a step mom here 24/7 is honestly not good enough. I just can't have a...

My dad is never home and step mom talks bad about my mom and step dad, I want to mov [ 4 Answers ]

Im 16 years old, and I live in Ohio. Today topped the list of my life. I have a go cart and I messed up our 700 yard driveway. Before they would let me go to my moms for the weekend I was told to clean up the ruts and stuff I made. So I did. Then my step mom came down and asked me to do all the...

Convince my mom! [ 13 Answers ]

I just met this guy and I really like him and I introduced him to my mom but she doesn't want me seeing him.. she is very judgemental.. n its hard because I can't go out with him but he's so sweet and he calls me every night even if he is busy all day if he has a minute he will call me.. I need...

View more questions Search