Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teddiv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Bank Levy
    I'm on SSDI. I have run into some hard times and cannot pay my bills. The only income I have is SSDI. Can the creditors garnish my bank account?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2007, 04:39 PM
    They may not garnish your paycheck, but once the money is in the bank, it is just money, so yes they may attach a bank account, you will need to stop any direct deposit and not keep money in the bank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank levy [ 2 Answers ]

Can a bank levy last until the debt is paid? How does it affect your credit?

A Bank Levy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bank account and my mother was also added to this bank account. She is on Social Security. I just had a levy placed on my bank account because of her past credit issues. The company refuses to release my money and she refuses to pay. What can I do about this problem?

Bank levy [ 1 Answers ]

My husband had a bank levy done where they took everything out of our acct. I was unaware of the money due. At this point, he has been disabled for 14 months and not working because the dr.'s said he cannot work. How do I contest this being it is my work money in the account. The sherrif's...

Bank levy [ 2 Answers ]

I am 59 years old and have been through some difficult times recently. Today I learned that my bank account had a levy placed on it. There was only $533. In the account but it is all the money I have. Is there anything I can do to get it back. As a side note the bank took $100. As a processing fee.

Bank levy [ 9 Answers ]

:confused: Today I received papers on a bank levy to my account seeing how I only had a few dollars in there they took it. Will they keep coming after everything that I deposit until the debt is cleared? Because my check is direct deposited what do I need to do please someone help me.

View more questions Search