Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmo1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Convicted felon seeking financial aid in Illinois
    I am seeking info on financial aid/scholarships/grants for convicted felon(marijuana possession) in Illinois. Any ideas? Seems everywhere I go on the internet leads me to apply for these same colleges over and over but none has any info posted about financial aid/grants/scholarships available.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2009, 07:27 AM

Have you contacted the financial aid offices directly or are you relying on the Internet?
    bmo1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 07:57 AM
    I have contacted the financial aid office at one college. I am doing internet research as an additional attempt to find this info. The person with whom I spoke at the school wasn't very helpful.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2009, 09:08 AM

Then I'd try again - and again - and again. That's that person's JOB and he/she should do it.

In the meantime I you use the AMHD search feature there are a hundred threads on variations of your question.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 10:52 PM
    Hi, bmo1!

I don't know where you are in Illinois. But, since you are in Illinois, you might want to contact the Safer Foundation. The link for them is below.

Home - Safer Foundation

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a convicted felon receive financial aid, grants, or loans? [ 9 Answers ]

I was trin to find out if I can get some help with college.

Convicted felon marrying another convicted felon [ 2 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon marry another convicted felon? One is still in prison the other is no longer under supervised release. Both are federal cases.

Convicted felon [ 1 Answers ]

Is there financial assistance for a convicted felon (drug charge) trying togo to school? (ihave my ged)

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

Convicted Felon [ 2 Answers ]

Are there jobs for convicted felons in Dallas, Texas?

View more questions Search