Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilmomma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 12:08 PM
    violated probation for marj. Possession charge 2nd.
    Now sure if you can help with the possibilites of the outcome, but my boyfried was charge a yr ago for marj. Possession 2nd here in Alabama. His sentence of 1yr was suspended, but he continuously failed his drug tests and was then ordered to go to rehab. He did not attend either then had to appear in court. At that time his orig. 1yr sentence was reinstated and he serverd maybe 2mos of it and was released. He was placed on probation. While on probation he received a dui, and 6 other tickets along with the dui. He went to court for the violation of probation. The judge gave him 1yr for violation of probation with a dui. He set a review date for this month. Which he has only been in there for 2 months now. My question is... is there a good possibility that he will be release and placed back on probation with just more time added to it or will he be facing a little more time in jail? I'm getting impatient because its hard out here taking care of things by yourself and I was just hoping to see if I could get some answers on maybe what to exspect. Hope you can help?? Thanks!
    JAMIET Posts: 73, Reputation: 12

Sep 13, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Sounds like someone I know... slow learners... It happened to my husband and he ended up spending another 2.5 mons in jail, then back on Probation, but the judge told him if he saw him in court 1 more time before finishing his probation correctly, that he'd serve the remainder of the sentence. That worked. And I know.. it bites to have to hold down all the issues at home and worry about them in jail, running up your phone bill, asking for money and visits. Some folks just don't grow up.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Hello again, lil:

There's too many factors for us to make any kind of judgment here. This is ALL up to the judge. Sounds to me like the judge might give him more time if he keeps messing up, rather than less.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hipaa Law Violated [ 5 Answers ]

I just found out yesterday that a coworker violated my civil rights at work. I was out a day at work due to an illness, and my friend at work noticed another medical worker get upset as to why I was out, she then punched up my name in our office computer (I work in a family practice), she looked...

Violation of Probation for DUI 2nd offense [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all~ My ex-boyfriend currently violated his probation regarding his 2nd DUI and spent 30 days in jail. The terms of his probation when he had his hearing on 04/25/07 was not to drink and was scheduled to go into a two week rehab facility. I was not with him, so his story I am guessing is...

How long before I can get violated [ 2 Answers ]

I am on probabtion for about 6 more months, but I received a DWI in June and was found guilty in July. At the time my PO said she wouldn't violate me. Now she came to me yesterday and said she was going to violate me, isn't there like 48 hrs or something after I get convicted that she has to...

Violated my probation... [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here's what's going on I got put on probation for six months for a PI( public intoxication) charge. Well I told my probation officer I had a drinking problem and he told me he'de make me go to a 12 hour class which I can't attend until december* its full until then*. Also he's making me go to...

View more questions Search