Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BB728 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2012, 02:25 PM
    Can I use self-stick primer on existing peel & stick tiles?
    I want to put some new peel and stick tile down over the existing peel & stick tiles that's already there. The guy at Lowe's advised me to use Henry Bond Enhancer but the directions on the back doesn't say if this could be used on tile. Please help me.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 25, 2012, 03:01 PM
    Adviseable to use the primer, may not be necessary but can't hurt. Will make new tiles adhere better.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2012, 06:03 PM
    Make sure the tiles are very clean and then put the primer on, it will help adhesion.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2012, 05:10 AM
    If existing tile is not smooth, the new tile will take on some of the ungulations of old tile.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pulling up a couple Peel and Stick Vinyl Tiles [ 13 Answers ]

I laid peel and stick down in the foyer a few years ago and everything is in tip-top shape, good as new, except that I managed to damage 4 of them this morning when I was moving some stuff. How can I go about bringing up just those 4 tiles without damaging the stuff already there? I've got...

Peel and stick vinyl tiles [ 4 Answers ]

Looking to use these in my kitchen because I can't get the same pattern on a roll of vinyl.Now I have never used these before and have a couple questions.I know they come with glue on the backs but how good is it.Does it hold for a short time but then they come loose.See wondering if I should add...

View more questions Search